factory reset help

montanatiffani88

Prominent
Nov 19, 2017
I was able to do a factory reboot once by pressing the power button and the zero key....it went thru a two hour reboot but now it's saying no bootable device please restart system...I'd like to reboot myself if possible....please help! Thanks

Solution
I may be a mere Englishman but computers are international and have the same settings here and where you are.

Your computer cannot "see" the disk where the Windows system is installed. If you can see that hard disk in the BIOS settings, you need to put that top of the boot list under the heading of Boot Options. When you exit BIOS it prompts you to save the changes you made and click Exit. It then goes on to look for that disk.

montanatiffani88

Prominent
Nov 19, 2017
I'm really not great with computers so bare with me it's a satellite C55-A5100 it's has windows 8.1 i bought it new in 2014...OMG it worked im in the bios menu can you walk me through what I do from there?

montanatiffani88

Prominent
Nov 19, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from montanatiffani88 : "factory reset help"

I have a Toshiba satellite laptop that I'm trying to factory reset....I've made it to the bios menu but I don't know the steps I need to take to make it reboot....can someone maybe walk me through it...I believe I go to the advanced menu and click on system configuration then I go to to boot mode UEFI and then I get stuck.

montanatiffani88

Prominent
Nov 19, 2017

montanatiffani88

Prominent
Nov 19, 2017
I select the UEIF boot but I don't know how to restart it....I don't know if this is against the rules but can you call me? If you can my number is removed by Moderator and my name is Tiffani

I removed your phone number before eery Spammer who reads these pages sells it to cold caller who would make your life a misery.

I'm in England and it could ba a long call but we can deal with this here. You can upload photos to Tom's through a host like Imgur but I doubt they are necessary.

I suggested moving away from UEFI to another option. When you save the changes and exit BIOS it will continue to attempt booting. Go back in and see what optiont there are and post back.

montanatiffani88

Prominent
Nov 19, 2017

montanatiffani88

Prominent
Nov 19, 2017
I've tried everything since your in England you probably don't know much about usa resources....do I need like some kind of boot disc cd to make this happen...I've called around and places want $180 to do a factory data reset and I just don't have the money right now..there's got to be places that will do it for much less...do you know of any groups or call centers I could actually talk to someone who could walk me through it.

montanatiffani88

Prominent
Nov 19, 2017
See another thing that happened I was able to do a factory data reset a few days ago and I got the error message when it finished then I realized I had a DVD in my disc drive do you think that could have ruined my hard drive?

I may be a mere Englishman but computers are international and have the same settings here and where you are.

Your computer cannot "see" the disk where the Windows system is installed. If you can see that hard disk in the BIOS settings, you need to put that top of the boot list under the heading of Boot Options. When you exit BIOS it prompts you to save the changes you made and click Exit. It then goes on to look for that disk.

Solution