Factory reset my laptop and now its useless

Thomas Tom15

Estimable
Feb 6, 2016
I factory reset my windows 8.1 laptop ive had for around 2 years. After factory reseting it, it ran fine for a few minutes into i tried watching a youtube video. Internet exploror froze up, and i had to exit out. I got google chrome then, and youtube wouldnt play then either, it kept talking about " if playback doesnt begin shorty... " after this, i factory reset again, and got fire fox instead, and it wouldnt even open, along with the volume mixer. Also, when i try to update the laptop or upgrade to windows 10, it stays at 0kb. Please help!

Solution
If you have any files you need to back up, create a ubuntu boot drive on another computer. Then create a windows 8.1 64bit install disk. If you create a windows 10 install disk you will need a windows 10 key. Then you can install a windows operating system. You probably had a nasty virus.

jbaker22

Honorable
Sep 22, 2013
If you have any files you need to back up, create a ubuntu boot drive on another computer. Then create a windows 8.1 64bit install disk. If you create a windows 10 install disk you will need a windows 10 key. Then you can install a windows operating system. You probably had a nasty virus.

Solution

zer0c00l587

Estimable
Jan 14, 2016
Google chrome usually already flash player ready, i know opera browser isn't since im using it right now because of its famous data saving tech. I'd boot into safe mode and run command prompt to check disk and windows installations.

1. Run command prompt as administrator

- to check disk type "chkdsk".....if errors are found, it will ask to either press Y key for yes to check repair on restart or N key for no. I will select no repair on reboot and run sfc exe.

- to run sfc exe typ "sfc /scannow" and press enter. It will check and repair in single go.

TRENDING THREADS