Factory reset my Toshiba laptop when holding 0 doesn't work

Solution
Exactly what happens when you try to get into the recovery, any errors? Was this an original setup from Toshiba or did you change the system at some point with your own setup? A failing hard drive can cause the recovery partition to not work also, you should check the BIOS to see if there is a hardware scan you can run on the hard drive there, if not, use a boot disk like Hirens or Ultimate Boot CD and use the disk check utilities in those.
Exactly what happens when you try to get into the recovery, any errors? Was this an original setup from Toshiba or did you change the system at some point with your own setup? A failing hard drive can cause the recovery partition to not work also, you should check the BIOS to see if there is a hardware scan you can run on the hard drive there, if not, use a boot disk like Hirens or Ultimate Boot CD and use the disk check utilities in those.

Solution

laurenrs

Estimable
Apr 1, 2014
I appreciate your quick response. Here is what i have done since my first post. After speaking with toshiba, and with their guidence??? I have begun a "Erase the Hard disk". Hoping this will fix any errors on the disk??? I may have screwed this up beyond repair. but at this point what do i have to loose? I do have a back up with most of the files i need. Thank the Good Lord! The plan now is, when the disk has been completely erased, put the toshiba recovery disks in again and this time hold down the F12 key to get to the boot menu. from there I will boot up the factory restore disk...Hopefully it will work. I will let you know.

laurenrs

Estimable
Apr 1, 2014
Took it to local repair shop with cd from toshiba... they put in a new hard drive. Ran the same program from toshiba, got same error. After a couple hours and head scratching they finally did a software work around that program. So for some reason, toshiba has a glitch in their backup program.
Crappola... I just paid for a new drive. Lol c'est la vie