Solved! Failed to Download due to Missing SD card

Jan 15, 2019
I'm trying to download a video file (a short film I star in) to my Fusion 5 Tablet but it says "download failed due to missing SD card"
I have mounted the card correctly and formatted it to internal storage but I am still unable to do anything about it. It is a 32GB SD.

Solution
First I would check the app and see if it can be changed. You would go into the app and then into the app's "Settings". Not the phone's "Settings". If there is a way to change where it sends things it would be in there.

If, however, it doesn't have the option to change it, then you would have to either get a different app to download through, or change the SD card back to being "External" storage.
If you make the card "Internal" storage, then it won't be recognized by apps as a SD card, which is set as "External" storage. You need to check the settings in whatever app you are downloading it through to make sure it isn't set to download to the card. Because the phone will no longer see the card as "External".

Jan 15, 2019

Thank you for the reply. So I would need to change the settings on the app? What do I change it to and how would I do that?
Or do I change the SD format to portable? I'm very confused.

First I would check the app and see if it can be changed. You would go into the app and then into the app's "Settings". Not the phone's "Settings". If there is a way to change where it sends things it would be in there.

If, however, it doesn't have the option to change it, then you would have to either get a different app to download through, or change the SD card back to being "External" storage.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS