Failure to boot! help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmyK33191

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2010
"Windows had encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your computer. This error can be caused by unplugging a removable storage device such as an external USB drive while the device is in use, or by faulty hardware such as a har drive or CD-ROM drive that is failing.
Info: An unexpected I/O error has occured.. plz help me! i have a netbook so u cant put CD's in it... :bounce: :pt1cable: :hello:

Solution
Try restarting the system into Safe Mode and then do a clean shutdown. When Windows restarts, it may fix whatever problem you are having. Have you been trying to update any drivers? A botched driver install will also do the same thing as you are experiencing.

If the first thing I recommended doesn't work. The second thing to try is to uninstall the optical drive in your device manager, restart, reconnect the device, and let Windows re-install the drivers for it.

Good luck!

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Try restarting the system into Safe Mode and then do a clean shutdown. When Windows restarts, it may fix whatever problem you are having. Have you been trying to update any drivers? A botched driver install will also do the same thing as you are experiencing.

If the first thing I recommended doesn't work. The second thing to try is to uninstall the optical drive in your device manager, restart, reconnect the device, and let Windows re-install the drivers for it.

Good luck!

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.