Faint static/electric noise from new laptop

Alex_2

Estimable
Aug 22, 2015
Hi guys,

I've bought an Acer Aspire 475g laptop 3 days ago and i recently just noticed of the faint electric/static sound emanating from inside the center of the laptop. I can only hear it when i move my ear close the laptop's keyboard. It's not coming from the speakers as I've tried muting it. it's also constant and starts just as i open the laptop. Here's the sound which i recorded using the laptop's mic: http://

I did install some softwares and updated windows and thats all. I haven't noticed any problems aside from that and was wondering if this is normal or not. Any help would be appreciated.

Specs:
- I5-6200u
- Nvidia 940mx 2gb
- 4GB ddr4 ram
- 1tb hdd 5200rpm

It could be fan, the HD, or it can be electrically induced, it happens to electronics. The vendor will most likely not recognize this as a failure, so if it really bothers you, return within no-question-asked period, and buy it from another vendor, in the attempt to get the same laptop from another batch.

Alex_2

Estimable
Aug 22, 2015

Im planning to return it but itll be a pain as ill wait days to get another one. Here's something similar to what im hearing: https://soundcloud.com/ran-sorkin-33962662/razer-2

Alex_2

Estimable
Aug 22, 2015
I've been tinkering and it seems that the sound goes away when i set the power setting to "Power saver". What could be causing this?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1
V Laptop Tech Support 4
J Laptop Tech Support 0
Y Laptop Tech Support 6
R Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 4
C Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 3
C Laptop Tech Support 3
P Laptop Tech Support 1