fake? untangle preventing acces to any sites

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 29, 2018
Somehow untangle (fake?) got on my network. Now none of the computers are allowed to acces any sites. Any ideas on where to start? Have tried all network securtity options including on the router, has not made any difference. This is happening an 2 Window 7 computers and 1 Windows 10. Thanks for any ideas.

Solution
Untangle (the legit kind) is an entire firewall dedicated operating system...; it is not merely an application/program, ...but, it is possible someone put it in a VM, and put that PC in a gateway position before the router's WAN port? INvestigate your wiring, and , it might help if you provide few details. (internet connection, router, switches, if any., etc)

But, as you suspect it is fake, I suspect you turn off all PCs on the network, and start with an uninfected PC or laptop connected to your router to determine if it is working.

mdd1963

Distinguished
Untangle (the legit kind) is an entire firewall dedicated operating system...; it is not merely an application/program, ...but, it is possible someone put it in a VM, and put that PC in a gateway position before the router's WAN port? INvestigate your wiring, and , it might help if you provide few details. (internet connection, router, switches, if any., etc)

But, as you suspect it is fake, I suspect you turn off all PCs on the network, and start with an uninfected PC or laptop connected to your router to determine if it is working.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.