Favorite US GS3 ROMs

e_X

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
I'm just wondering what peoples favorite roms are for the us galaxy s3. I'm currently running Wicked Sensations for the sprint s3, but I'm looking for a new rom to test.

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
This is a bit of a grey area.

The majority of phones are not rooted by default. Rooting, falls into the category of hacking. However discussing the use of a rooted phone, or open source software such as Android is entirely allowed.

As long as this thread doesn't turn into a how to for rooting, and no questions are asked in regards to methods of how to do so - the thread can remain open.

That being said, I personally use CyanogenMod - I find they have excellent dev's and the ROM packs a lot of useful features you'd normally have to get an app for. Like CPU controllers to allow setting min/max clock speeds without having to install a third party app from Play Store.

MIUI is good too, although I don't know whether or not there's a ROM for the S3 (I have an HTC Desire Z). Also, if you try MIUI - download the ROM from either the American, United Kingdom, or Australian mirrors. The ROM on the official mirror is in Chinese.

ARKSoft

Honorable
Mar 2, 2013
AOKP Milestone 1.. the most stable Rom I've run so far with the most features. I've found that anything over 4.1.2 does not make a good daily driver.. I also use a custom dark MMS and Swype with the black theme. I really don't know which gapps I'm using but I know it's for 4.1.2 and I know it's inverted. The 4.2 gapps and camera/gallery really bug out on my phone.

TRENDING THREADS