FBI to Wikipedia: You Can't Use Our Seal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
""I have to believe the FBI has better things to do than this," she said."
I sure hope they have something better to do than this...

If not, they're gonna freak out once they discover Google Images.

mikem_90

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
Wow, this must mean that there is such a surplus of time and resources at the FBI!

Guess who's budget should be cut to save money!

Btw: I love the Google ad match: "Earn an intelligence Degree Online & prepare for a career in the FBI"

Sorry, overqualified. My parents were married.

G

If this goes to court, then the FBI stands to get massive amounts of Egg in Face.

Just think of all the Publications over the years in Hard Cover and paperback which display the FBI seal such as Encyclopedias and other publications.

Now flash forward to the present and you have websites which take the place of those publications as they can be more readily updated and are easily accessed by the public.

Now just how many of those Publications and Web sites will actually have written permission over the years?

This is the thing that will actually set the precedent in court.

chickenhoagie

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
I'm sure the FBI will bribe the judge on this one..just shows how corrupt the government is i guess. Hopefully Wiki wins this one, and show the greedy bastards in our justice system that they are no more powerful than us citizens as a whole. Fight for our amendments wiki :)

LoneEagle

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2006
btw, if you google "images fbi seal", this will keep the FBI quite busy for a while shuting down all those sites. I see a new special elite task force!

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
This is almost as idiotic as the article I was reading on truecrimereport.com where police busted an 11 year old for running a lemon-aide stand without a permit. My point being, dont they have more important business to attend to rather then this petty BS.

kikireeki

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
http://www.google.com/images?um=1&hl=en&safe=active&biw=1680&bih=957&tbs=isch:1&sa=1&q=fbi+seal&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=
Go sue that FBI!

mikem_90

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
Just a thought, since there are so many instances of this image online, could this be some idiot's attempt to give Wikileaks hastle and failing to realize Wikipedia != Wikileaks?

surfer1337dude

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008
Not sure, but assuming Wiki is a US based site (aka the founders and such are from and live in the US) then they are tax payers, which means that they are the ones who payed for the seal and FBI...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS