FBI's UFO & Alien Memo Piques Internet Interest

Status
Not open for further replies.

jecastej

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2006
More prove of ambiguity, where the official evidence wont validate or deny anything is already publicly known. "An investigator...", this is an official gossip. However for the none official understanding it could be taken more on the support to the Roswell UFO conspiracy theory.

balister

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2006
[citation][nom]Netherscourge[/nom]Someone call Will Smith and Harry Connick, Jr.! Kick the tires and light the fires![/citation]

You mean Jeff Goldblum.

G

yet another Masonic conspiracy to get demons into the human world as aliens .

Parsian

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2007
UFO = load of bullshit, Other lifeforms are almost certainly exist else where in the Universe because there are just 100s of billions of stars just in our own galaxy... But to say UFO exist because of EYE WITNESS testimony is ridiculous. Roswell is the most stupid. Alien life form from light years away came to earth to just crash. EPIC FAIL wont u say??

retrig

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2010
Parsian has it right, with an exception. Is there life elsewhere? Of course. Is there intelligent life elsewhere? Almost definitely. Are there UFO's? Of course, it simply means an unidentified flying object. Are we being visited by aliens / is the government hiding aliens? LOL

Anomalyx

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
Is there life elsewhere? I doubt it. If someone can show there's life elsewhere, then cool, there's life elsewhere. Until then, I believe there isn't.
Could there be intelligent life on other planets? Psshh... there's not much intelligent life on THIS planet...

rubix_1011

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2007
So, the concept that there are trillions of trillions of stars in the known universe; with the potential that many 100 billions of many 100 billions will also have planet systems.

Those odds seem pretty good to me that life (intelligent/unintelligent) has an incredibly high possibility to exist elsewhere. The simple fact that several billions of these planet systems are far older than our own galaxy and solar system (~4.6 billion years old) lends me to believe that advanced intelligence does exist, or has already existed and possibly gone extinct before the Milky Way was even created.

Food for thought.

G

Watch this video. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6308516608498324470#

It involves the probability of life existing on another planet in the universe. Using estimates, and doing the match, it comes out to a single planet capable of supporting intelligent life per every 2 galaxies. So, every other galaxy would have an intelligent race. However, probability doesn't work like that, one galaxy could have 40 intelligent races, and the next 1,000 galaxies none. That also assumes that other galaxies are like ours.

Do I believe in UFOs? Of course, its not always easy to identify a flying object, especially at night.

Do I believe in extra terrestrial life? I am very hesitant, but it is always possible.

Do I believe that life has every visited earth? Hell no.

tsnorquist

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
[citation][nom]Parsian[/nom]UFO = load of bullshit, Other lifeforms are almost certainly exist else where in the Universe because there are just 100s of billions of stars just in our own galaxy... But to say UFO exist because of EYE WITNESS testimony is ridiculous. Roswell is the most stupid. Alien life form from light years away came to earth to just crash. EPIC FAIL wont u say??[/citation]

How many times have we crashed on Mars thus far? Who's to say this isn't for real. None of us were there, but the people who were there sware by it.

If you read up on the ancient astronaut theory, there is a lot of factual evidence of visitations from other lifeforms / alien races.

need4speeds

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2009
Actually there is recent evidence that they might be from somewhere alot closer to home.
Probes have picked up a broadband radio jamming signals from Saturn. When filtered using fm modulation, it has a melody that is somewhat similar to the classical music of the 1600's. It is possible that maybe the Russians sent a probe that now orbits in one of Saturn's rings to prove they were there before the Americans since the music does seem earthlike and deliberate.
This seems more likely. We know enough to know that travel above the speed of light is not so easy and that hitting debris in a spaceship would be a issue. Maybe at best travel at 1/4 the speed of light is possible within reason. So travel from Saturn would be within reason.
We don't know what chemicals other life would be based on, ours is based on carbon, Saturn has vast dense compressed gas oceans, the gas is so dense it is liquid like, we don't know whats in that ocean.
If you watch star trek, humans would defiantly look like the "Klingons" on the show. On the show current humans are portrayed as the "Klingons" and the star trek crew as future humans that they hope we advance to.
Think about this, if you were looking at humans on earth, what would you observe? Yes we would look like a bunch of "Klingons" fighting amongst ourselves. The show's portrayal is actually pretty accurate.
If there are aliens that visit. They might not try and contact us. If you met a people like the "Klingons" you might fear them and leave them alone. If a air force shot them out of the sky somewhere or made them crash with some sort of magnetic coil or radio signal, that is not much a welcoming mat is it? If they watched us for the last 100 years, in the last 100 years people on earth have had quite the track record. You have to ask the question. Would they even want to talk to us?

Status
Not open for further replies.