FBI's UFO & Alien Memo Piques Internet Interest

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zingam

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
[citation][nom]tsnorquist[/nom]Why would you laugh at someone b/c he or she keeps an open mind about such things. I think it's ignorant to assume alien life does not exist.Human beings have sent probes into space for 40 years now. Who is to say another form of life hasn't had a jump start on us for 1,000,000 years.The universe is a big place. To think if "god" only made one form of life anywhere in it is truly a sad thought. And to think he made such a destructive race of humans is even more saddening.[/citation]

If there is a God at all. The God does not create humans, he does not create planets. He creates rules. Rules that rule how planets are formed, how life comes to life... God isn't just an old crazy grandpa who likes to play with clay... :D

Bible is so dumb!

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
[citation][nom]Zingam[/nom]Once upon a time a chimp decided to study the planet Earth to see if any intelligent life has developed anywhere on the planet besides chimps. It traveled around the world. I visited first a place called Rome, then it traveled to London, New York and finally it ended up in Hollywood. After that the chimp left straight back to Africa and told the other chimps: "I have traveled alot. I have visited lots of places and jungles but I could not find a single evidence of the existence of intelligent life on this planet. So we are all alone".[/citation]
Excellent point

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
The Fermi Paradox is very interesting reading. I won't chip in on the debate, however, I will say this : If your only argument that intelligent life exists somewhere is that the universe is infinite and we simply haven't explored it enough yet, know that the same argument can be used to say the exact opposite.

I, for one, want to believe there is life out there, intelligent or not. Until we have factual proofs, this is merely science fiction.

bill gates is your daddy

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[citation][nom]Griffolion[/nom]...the available conditions for intelligent life to spring up on earth were so unique and improbable to replicate that maybe it hasn't actually happened elsewhere.[/citation]

It hasn't? So you travel off this planet frequently and visit other worlds to verify this? Do you know someone that travels to other planets to verify life?

You're touching on good ol' human arrogance right there.

G

I've always thought that of the possibility that if aliens are advanced enough to get near earth from a distant star, they're probably much more intelligent than us and so they ignore us since we are extremely dumb compared to them. Does anybody remember "thinking meat!"?

We might think that aliens come to earth because of us humans but it is very likely they are doing or looking for something far more important. Also who said the aliens were trying to explore/communicate? Perhaps the alien individuals that travel this far are fugitives? :p

I believe that aliens do exist but it won't be part of any of our concerns since our existance probably makes little difference to them. If we were important they probably would've made contact with us already. They probably just letting earth evolve normally without their interference with the occasional visits

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
Aliens made it all the way to earth, they have mastered space travel (possibly). They decide to come to earth for whatever reason (oil? lol) buty are shocked we have gravity and crash land in USA?! I don't think so!

But not only did they crash they managed to crash in USA which covers all of 6.5% of the earth.

Seems to me the odds are not freakin likely.

wiyosaya

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
[citation][nom]Parsian[/nom]UFO = load of bullshit, Other lifeforms are almost certainly exist else where in the Universe because there are just 100s of billions of stars just in our own galaxy... But to say UFO exist because of EYE WITNESS testimony is ridiculous. Roswell is the most stupid. Alien life form from light years away came to earth to just crash. EPIC FAIL wont u say??[/citation]
It is not scientifically possible to say whether alien ships have visited us or not. That is NO ONE can say whether either life or extraterrestrial interstellar craft exist or not.

Being able to say yes or not would mean having solid evidence. I.e., a craft of some sort or an alien body. If one did crash, you can bet your a** that it and any contained body was collected by the govt of where ever it landed. Such a craft would certainly offer significant technological advances IF it could be accurately dissected and understood. AND you can bet that if ANY govt does have one, that govt WOULD keep it secret by any means necessary. For example, anyone getting too close to Area 51 can be LEGALLY KILLED WITHOUT QUESTION.

It is likely that any civilization that has figured out a "time efficient" means of interstellar travel is significantly more advanced than we are here on Earth, but that does not mean that they are perfect and free from error.

Like it or not, anything outside of the bounds of these statements is an anthropomorphic projection of human beliefs on the phenomena. :p

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]ZEPd3Z[/nom]What if we're the first "Intelligent" specie out there or atleast in this Galxy?[/citation]
lol...we are not as intelligent as you might think, buddy

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]lol...we are not as intelligent as you might think, buddy[/citation]
Intelligence is relative to whom you are comparing yourself with. We have yet to find a species that is more intelligent than us.

G

Why would Intelligent life ignore us ? If we look at our own history the more intelligent we are, the more we become invasive . Exploring is trying to find out something new .Even if an extraterrestrial race is super intelligent they would still try to understand our planet and try to actively use us to their advantage . That means they would interfere with us and not ignore us.

yyk71200

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
[citation][nom]bk19xsa[/nom]Why would Intelligent life ignore us ? If we look at our own history the more intelligent we are, the more we become invasive . Exploring is trying to find out something new .Even if an extraterrestrial race is super intelligent they would still try to understand our planet and try to actively use us to their advantage . That means they would interfere with us and not ignore us.[/citation]
The problem with your theory is that you think they as higher intelligence species would act like we do, the lower intelligent ones. But from their point of view such behavior may be immature and flawed.

Status
Not open for further replies.