Fdsasar.jf3 and Data01.vji Viruses?

fxckitsdillan

Honorable
Nov 20, 2012
Hey everyone.

So my computer has been acting pretty weird for a few days, I can't really tell what changed at what time to introduce the problem. Upon reboot, my browser appears to be hijacked, any/all Chrome extensions are removed and the home page + search bar are both changed to motious.com with the search bar having a variant of the site for searching.

This seemed weird to me but it seems to be a cover for something more malicious going on as I've found a process "fdsasar.jf3" running and while that is running, the computer clicks in and out of windows (not closing anything, just like something is taking the focus off of whatever program I'm using momentarily), runs considerably slower, and the hard drives make an unusual amount of noise. All of this instantly stopped the moment I pulled the internet cable which makes me feel as if my computer is being accessed remotely.

I've managed to find and delete the fdsasar file after fighting to kill its process (the file was in %appdata%\roaming) along with an "update.dat" which was over 300MB in size, and another file that I can't recall the name of. After a reboot, those files haven't come back as I left the net cable out, but now there is a new process and file - "data01.vji" along with there now being duplicates of multiple processes on my computer, including "dropbox.exe", "taskhost.exe" and "taskmgr.exe" (I currently have task manager running, but there is a duplicate).

The "data01.vji" file is located in %appdata%\Roaming\Microsoft\taskmgr\win64 which makes me question it further and it is taking a constant 50% of my cpu power.

As I am typing this now, a duplicate process of "conhost.exe" just popped up, and with only 1 tab for reddit, chrome has 5 processes running, which unless I missed something changing in a recent update, I'm pretty sure isn't normal?

I managed to delete the "data01.vji" file and upon doing so started getting constantly flooded with a whole bunch of errors saying the file couldn't be found and to try again. These stopped after a restart. So far it isn't back, but I know something like this is probably hiding somewhere else in my computer.

Computer Specs are as follows:
CPU: Intel Core i7 4790 @ 3.60GHz
RAM: 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M-D3H
GPU: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960

Let me know if you guys need any further info and please help guys, literally 0 results anywhere I look for fdsasar.jf3

Thanks everyone :)

fxckitsdillan

Honorable
Nov 20, 2012

I'll get those scans going now, I'd like to avoid a reinstall, and especially a format. So I'll try everything else that I can until I'm left with no options haha hopefully I don't have to :)

SkyBill40

Honorable
Oct 11, 2013
I can't say I blame you on the lack of desire for a reinstall or especially a reformat. Those are, naturally, last gasp efforts and should be avoided unless necessary.

Best wishes on clearing that nonsense out. Have you searched online for an explanation of those files and/or found anything?