feasibility and legality of creating an android youtube repeater

pizzahead911

Estimable
Jun 21, 2014
As the title states I was looking to get into android programming with something that I thought was a relatively simple program to create. I wanted to program a youtube video looper mostly because all current youtube repeaters available don't have the functionality I am looking for. The closest thing to a good youtube repeater would still be ListenOnRepeat which is what I would mostly model my app off of, but the lack of quality options kills me when im on data. I've seen how the ListenOnRepeat app has gotten slowly worse over time due to YoutubeMusic becoming a thing, and I was wondering if Youtube/Google would even let me use their api the way that I want. Even if they would let me, would it be possilble for a solo, beginner programmer to figure out how to create something that functions properly. Also would google let me place ads in the app, or would they not want me profiting from a video service that isn't mine. Thanks.

Solution
Legality -- no idea. Consult a lawyer. BUT if you have to ask, then it probably isn't completely legal or ethical.
Feasible -- no idea (again). I have no way to know what skills or even what background you have. Just because you wrote "hello World" in six different programming languages doesn't mean you can write an app.

kanewolf

Judicious
Legality -- no idea. Consult a lawyer. BUT if you have to ask, then it probably isn't completely legal or ethical.
Feasible -- no idea (again). I have no way to know what skills or even what background you have. Just because you wrote "hello World" in six different programming languages doesn't mean you can write an app.

Solution