Fils-Aime: 3DS Biggest Handheld Release Since '04

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMW1011

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2009
No way it is coming out this year, expect a 2011 release in Japan and a late-2011 to 2012 release in then U.S. and Europe.

doomtomb

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
[citation][nom]AMW1011[/nom]No way it is coming out this year, expect a 2011 release in Japan and a late-2011 to 2012 release in then U.S. and Europe.[/citation]
No...

G

I'm looking forward to seeing the new platform.
GO,Nintendo!!!!

AMW1011

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2009
[citation][nom]doomtomb[/nom]No...[/citation]
"he clarified that the 3DS, which will make its debut in this fiscal year, is the company's next full-fledged, handheld platform."

In the article, this fiscal year ends in March 2011. This is also coming from Nintendo, so expect the U.S. release later.

legendsofhyrule

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
There's no need to speculate whether the 3DS will still be a duo-screen device. According to Nintendo's press release on the 3DS...

"...will include backward compatibility so that the software for Nintendo DS series, including the ones for Nintendo DSi, can also be enjoyed."

The 3DS couldn't be backwards compatible with the original DS if it didn't utilize two screens, so I'd say that duo-screens is a sure bet.

AMW1011

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2009
From what rumors I've read, the majority opinion is that it will basically be a 3D-DS, with the same re-released titles but with 3D coding. This may be wrong and it may be right, but no one really knows yet.

Should be interesting.

fjjb

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
This of course will include the 2 screens!! its what people liked about the ds! touching! as you can see because the psp and others didnt have a touch screen they failed!

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
I'm wondering what the display tech is going to be. The parallax barrier technology is cool but has a lot of bad things about it such as requiring the fixed point of view, reduced brightness, and overall reduced image quality. I've read something about Lenticular 3D displays and the only cons seem to be the cost of the glass which may not be an issue at sizes this small. We shall wait and see.

fourzeronine

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2010
legendsofhyrule

u may think this, but I would have to say is incorrect. A single screen could do exactly what the ds does now, as long as the resolution is at least equal to or higher than the ds's screens combined, and it would have to be touch of course. This doesn't mean that the 3ds going to be one screen, but it would be possible to emulate a ds with a single touch screen.

I think it is going to be two screens, but instead of having two similar screens, one with touch and one without. It will be one mediocre touch screen, and one uber screen. and the usage of the name 3ds would just have to mean two screens wouldn't it!? :p

G

It's obivous...3DS = 3 x DS, so basically it's going to be 3 times as powerful, 3 times the size, and have 3 times as many screens................no?

silentq

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
Is Nintendo gonna have similar warnings for their 3D technology like Samsung? pregnant women, drunks and CHILDREN?... wait.. this device IS targeted for CHILDREN!... It'll be interesting to see how many "concerned" parents will use an opportunity to file law suits to get few mils for some illness apparently caused by 3D technology...

jamie_macdonald

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010
Oh Noes!! ... Another zelda game platform, gonna kill my wallet with the newer one coming out on the wii around the same time.

Not that i mind the games, they are awesome, but one zelda at a time please hehe.

jamie_macdonald

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010
[citation][nom]silentq[/nom]Is Nintendo gonna have similar warnings for their 3D technology like Samsung? pregnant women, drunks and CHILDREN?... wait.. this device IS targeted for CHILDREN!... It'll be interesting to see how many "concerned" parents will use an opportunity to file law suits to get few mils for some illness apparently caused by 3D technology...[/citation]

You make that sound like this is a new thing!, screens are not good for your eyes, but do you see the companies being sued for eye strain or headaches/migrains?? No!

The reason for this is big companies think (obviously more that yourself) and have a team to write enough smallprint to cover any 5 second long thought of a forum browser ... Perhaps a little more thought? ;)

silentq

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
[citation][nom]jamie_macdonald[/nom]You make that sound like this is a new thing!, screens are not good for your eyes, but do you see the companies being sued for eye strain or headaches/migrains?? No!The reason for this is big companies think (obviously more that yourself) and have a team to write enough smallprint to cover any 5 second long thought of a forum browser ... Perhaps a little more thought?[/citation]

If the companies thought more than myself ppl wouldn't sue for coffee mugs not having word "hot" on it, drilling through a leg cuz instructions don't say you cant do it and a whole bunch of other ridiculous crap... people will sue for anything and everything just to make a living on it...
I think you need more thinks to fill our your day. So try another way to be a smart ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.