Final Beta of Firefox 4 On The Way

Status
Not open for further replies.

randomizer

Distinguished
I'm running Beta 8 and I've only run into one noticeable bug so far, it's certainly nicer than 3.6.13, especially for Linux where 3.6.x is just horribly sluggish. The Linux builds are just like bad console ports.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
[citation][nom]kelfen[/nom]internet explorer for the win mawhaha only fools mark this comment down[/citation]

If ratings worked. Only smart people rate this comment up because Firefox ROCKS!

icepick314

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2002
ever since I've used FF 4 beta, there is weird keyboard cursor error when I use it...

on every web pages, there is a type cursor when I click on the text of that web page...

then there is scrolling error using keyboard where up and down arrow key scrolls web page as if it's a Word document...it scrolls by text line or the pictures....

page up and down also works as if it's a Word document...it takes to bottom of web page or that particular frame...

I hope this is a bug that will be fixed on final FF 4....

tical2399

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2009
I'm using beta 8 and it doesn't play nice with windows 7 64 bit aero. Usually when you move the mouse over the FF icon on your task bar you can see smaller version of any java or flash content that might be on the page (IM chat windows, youtube videos, etc). with beta 8 ( i suspect earlier betas too) you only get these black windows for java content and white windows for flash content.

I got the latest drivers for my hd 5770 and windows 7 is up to date, i even posted a question about it in the forums and no reply in 3 days. Might have to say with the 3.x versions of this is not fixed

Silmarunya

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
Firefox is nice, but not good enough.

Chrome is noticeably faster both on Windows and Linux (and Mac too, although I never tried that myself and have to cite benchmarks on that one) and has all the essential extensions that FF has. What's more, it gets more regular security updates and bug fixes, it crashes less often and cold boots are a lot faster (on my PC at least).

The same thing can be said of Opera.

Bolbi

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2009
[citation][nom]pocketdrummer[/nom]WHAT HAPPENED TO THE CTRL+SPACE SHORTCUT!?It lasted for a few betas and mysteriously vanished. They should bring it back...[/citation]
You mean the Panorama shortcut? They changed to to Ctrl+E.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]kelfen[/nom]internet explorer for the win mawhaha only fools mark this comment down[/citation]
Obvious troll is obvious.

G

icepick314: Tools:Options:Advance:General:Always use the cursor keys...

Status
Not open for further replies.