Final Fantasy MMOs Shut Down in Wake of Quake

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thisisaname

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2009
Japan does not need money it needs something more valuable peoples time. They need to locate and rescue the living and recover and identify the dead. If they do not deal with the dead quickly that causes yet another problem which they do not need. The aid sent first from the 90 counties is search and rescue teams.

cyberjawn

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2010
That's because our country only has poor and overly rich and the rich think that donating 100,000 dollars of there 6 million income is helping. help the poor in this country or hey how about a more balanced of money. humm, Damn greedy rich f@#ks. 2 reasons this country is failing. 1) The rich hording money for what I do not know. can't take it with them, God don't give a damn about what you have. It's all about what you have done for others and For God, 2) All the outsourcing that we allow our businesses to do, it's wrong it's taking a lot of jobs from the USA. We should tax heavily any corporation that does so just to keep then in the country.

G

@siman0

or how about make a decent run at a tokamak reactor, which is not a passive system like fission reactors, remove power and the reaction stops. If it weren't all the stupid red tape and political wrangling we could have working tokamak reactors now, it put fussion technology 20 years behind schedule

Sabiancym

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2008
[citation][nom]NuclearFussion[/nom]@siman0or how about make a decent run at a tokamak reactor, which is not a passive system like fission reactors, remove power and the reaction stops. If it weren't all the stupid red tape and political wrangling we could have working tokamak reactors now, it put fussion technology 20 years behind schedule[/citation]

You're thinking of China.....

mt2e

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2011
In light of all the tragedy in Japan thank the lord for this news tidbit, those servers are an insult to the needs of Japan right now.

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
Pft, I heard XIV sucked so bad, so awfully bad the lead producer resigned from his position and they made it FTP after the actual box purchase.

jj463rd

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2008
I[citation][nom]Shakl[/nom]"Just donated the $30 I spend on FFXI to http://www.redcross.org/. I figured since we're not getting billed for POL services throughout the April billing cycle might as well put it to good use. Every little bit helps."From a post on a FFXI board I visit.[/citation]

I never donate to the Red Cross because most of the donations end up as administrative costs.
I remember hearing about this since the World War 2 era.If you want to donate and want the majority of the money to go to help individuals suffering and in need I would instead opt for the Salvation Army.

mikem_90

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
[citation][nom]NuclearFussion[/nom]@siman0or how about make a decent run at a tokamak reactor, which is not a passive system like fission reactors, remove power and the reaction stops. If it weren't all the stupid red tape and political wrangling we could have working tokamak reactors now, it put fussion technology 20 years behind schedule[/citation]

Fusion? Last I heard they haven't yet found ways to extract enough meaningful energy out of them. Though on Wikipedia they say there are some planned to be built. It will be interesting to see how those go, though they seem mostly built for research.

I thought there were problems with the high energy particles damaging your magnetic coil and confinement walls after time?

Though for Japan, I expect that since ITER is also being built by Japan, they are waiting to see how that one turns out before large scale deployment.

BulkZerker

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
[citation][nom]Love_Peace[/nom]There's a saying:"you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours". In case of Haiti, they can't. That's why powerful countries like Japan get help. Or as in the Middle East goes under pretence help to establish "democracy", which is pretty much an exchange for oil.[/citation]

But Afghanistan has no oil they only have Cocaine...

B.O.T...

Thank you Square for kicking your servers off. Not only does it help conserve power it'll free up some of the MMO addicts for humanitarian efforts.

theroguex

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009
[citation][nom]siman0[/nom]Yes to the above no to the bottom they already don't have a military they are limited heavily by the WWII treaty..[/citation]

Actually they have a quite effective Self Defense Force. And the treaty isn't what limits them from having a military; it's actually their very own choice and within their constitution. They could rebuild a military at any time, but choose not to.

Status
Not open for further replies.