Final Fantasy XIV Coming to X360, PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Sony mentioned it was coming to the PC back in November...

dwave

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
Hope they don't drop the ball like they did with Final Fantasy 11. Even if they don't they will have a probably have a hard time dealing with World of Warcraft.

G

Why would you call FFXI lackluster? It is the 2nd most popular North American MMO ever behind WoW?

h83r

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2009
Hopefully they do merge all the platforms together. I played FFXI and it was nice to play on my pc with some friends who only had it on PS2. This could only further the idea of cross-platform gaming. Let's hope it doesn't flop and kill the idea all together.

notsleep

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2010
i guess they didn't port FF12 or FF13 to PC because it's harder to pirate MMO games, thus PC gets FF11 and FF14 MMO titles only. i can't stand FF series anymore anyway. after esiv: oblivion, fallout 3, mass effect 1&2, dragon age origins, and countless other free roaming rpgs with real time combat, FF series gameplay is stagnate and boring. it's 2010 and FF game still uses turn based combat. wtf? dragon warrior/quest series is in some way worst. it hasn't changed after eight freakin' games. innovate or die doesn't seem to apply to square/enix. :(

ikefu

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
I'm wondering if they have plans to make separate servers for console players and PC players.

It seems like the PC players would have a fairly decent advantage for things like PvP and tough boss encounters.

LF10M for Raid, PC PLAYERS ONLY!!!

m-manla

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
I believe Square-Enix always said that I was going to be on PC. The 360 is the surprise. I hope it can be cross platform for all systems like XI. I would love to play with PC and Xbox fans. I have my keyboard ready. Do you?

dheadley

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2006
[citation][nom]ct1615[/nom]i know WAR has dropped to less then 80k, the 300k wikipedia lists was the sub after one month. Also, WoW is now over 13m. Games like lineage II rely on asian subs rather then North American.[/citation]

why in one sentance do you say that Lineage II relies on asian subs for numbers rather than North Americam subscribers but then point out WoW has 13 million now?

(which I doubt if China shut their servers down, as that was what pushed them overthe big 11 million mark last year)

WoW's North American subscriber numbers were less than Asian numbers also. Last time I saw the reports it was like 3 million in North America. like 3 million in europe and the other 5 in the Asian area's.

TheDuke

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009
[citation][nom]Moogno[/nom]Why would you call FFXI lackluster? It is the 2nd most popular North American MMO ever behind WoW?[/citation]

ummm have you never heard of Everquest

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
What I think will be the surprise is how they will manage to get an mmo to run on a system with 256MB of ram. MMOs hit hard on ram and processor.

greeve

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2010
There are certain clarifications to be made when examining MMO subscriptions. If the game is Free-To-Play vs. Pay to Play for one. At a time, shortly before world of warcraft was released, FFXI had knocked off EQ as the number 1 subscription based MMO on the market. At the time EQ had around 550k Players to FFXIs 600k players. Of course looking at those numbers now, WoW dwarfs both of those games numbers but you almost have to call WoW the exception to the rule as opposed to the norm when it comes to subscription based models. As a longtime follower of the MMO industry it is very hasty and ill conceived to call FFXI lackluster.

killerb255

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
[citation][nom]tacoslave[/nom]Why would you complain about a game coming to the pc? if you dont want it dont buy it. Its as simple as that.[/citation]

Many seems to have this "I hate it, therefore it shouldn't exist" notion in their minds.

kato128

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
Anyone noticing that the FF logo's seem to be overwrought these days? I seem to recall the logo's from 10 and futher back were simpler and nicer to look at.

Status
Not open for further replies.