Fintek keyboard driver?

takochako

Prominent
Jul 25, 2017
I noticed a pretty shady looking driver in Device Manager today, which I didn't pay attention to until my PC started acting funny (random crashing with no error when plugging in my AudioBox USB 96). I just wanted to know if this is a legit USB driver or if it was some sort of keylogger. This probably sounds really stupid, but honestly you can't be too paranoid when using the internet these days. I searched the internet for a while and found nothing but shady driver download sites and one post on the Linus Tech Tips forum saying that it's a fast charging driver, but it was labeled in Device Manager as a USB Keyboard Driver. Please let me know ASAP if it is legitimate or not, I want to change my passwords as soon as I can if it isn't legit.

UPDATE: I'm running a scan with ESET Smart Security and it picked up and quarantined DriverToolKitInstaller.exe. I never downloaded that and it has to have been downloaded within the past week (I just build this new PC), and I haven't done any searching for drivers except for my Thermaltake Riing fans and my MSI mobo. My guess is that it was dropped by a website or something, or who knows, the scan isn't complete yet so there could be more malware on here that dropped it... Dang I really need to reinstall Malwarebytes. xD

takochako

Prominent
Jul 25, 2017

I'm using a Thermaltake Challenger Prime keyboard, and I can't find anything about the driver anywhere. I uninstalled the driver last night, and ESET finished it's scan finding nothing else but Claymore Miner (which I installed myself). I don't know if there is anything deep in the system though.