Solved! FIre on motherboard while replacing thermal paste

Jun 25, 2021
I was replacing the thermal paste and i made the horrible mistake of leaving the battery on. So, I touched this metallic thing(dont know how else to describe it) and a small flame was seen below the metal thing which i blew out immediately. Here is the pic of the metallic thing that I touched:

View: https://imgur.com/a/qdHocuP

The laptop is: XPS 15 9560
The metal thing is seated on three small "notches" which has h23, h24, h25 written around each "notch".
Now there is no power on the fans or anywhere else except for the power LED lighting up which turns off after around 5 seconds.
What can I do except for replacing motherboard?? Please help!!

Solution
For the benefit of others, I always recommend using the vendor service manual (usually can be found on line) to avoid this sort of thing. I don't know what the metal cover is over. I suggest a repair shop or send it back to Dell for repair. Consider it an expensive lesson learned. Sorry this happened.
For the benefit of others, I always recommend using the vendor service manual (usually can be found on line) to avoid this sort of thing. I don't know what the metal cover is over. I suggest a repair shop or send it back to Dell for repair. Consider it an expensive lesson learned. Sorry this happened.

Solution