Firefox 17 Goes Mainstream With Integrated Social API Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cryio

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010
The most interesting thing Firefox will do in the near future is their new UI Australis. Curious about that.

Anyway, more interesting that any other browser, which haven't done anything in a while, not even Opera.

Old_Fogie_Late_Bloomer

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2010
Yo dog, I heard you like using your web browser to browse social networking sites, so we put some social networking sites in your web browser so you can browse the web while you use social networking sites.

Pherule

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2010
If I wanted dogcrap in my browser I would install it with an addon. I do not want it in by default. I thought Mozilla were on a good roll, but they just mucked up bigtime here. Yes yes, I know it can be disabled. That's not the point.

makaveli316

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
I was a big fan of firefox, but few days ago i just snapped after i bought my new ssd and i wanted to try Chrome one more time, cause i always thought it was overrated and with shitty customization.
Until now i can't feel a big difference in speed while browsing, still think that is overrated the so called "difference in speed". I doubt we can feel the difference in milliseconds in real time usage.
Anyway one huge difference is the start time. Chrome opens instantly and i mean instantly when i click it, while firefox always hangs a second and then starts. I tried fresh install, with and without add ons and still it hangs. Maybe after a fresh install it opens a lil bit faster, but still....
I don't know why this happens, i bought a Samsung 830 256gb and i want speed, which Firefox doesn't give me.
I never thought i will say that, but i like Chrome better.
Firefox, what happened to you....

rwinches

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2006
Maybe I missed it where it said they made it not pig slow and a memory hog!
I think some of you may have fire breathing PC's with laser fast internet, which is great, but if you are on a device with 2 gB mem and connected over wifi at 56-150 (like a netbook or TAB) then you will see a huge difference. I had two tabs open and FF was using nearly half a gig! When I went to huffpro the page froze until the pic loaded only to freeze again when the page updated which happens often on that site.. I too want FF to catch up, but as it is they are far behind.

xpeh

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
[citation][nom]makaveli316[/nom]I was a big fan of firefox, but few days ago i just snapped after i bought my new ssd and i wanted to try Chrome one more time, cause i always thought it was overrated and with shitty customization.Until now i can't feel a big difference in speed while browsing, still think that is overrated the so called "difference in speed". I doubt we can feel the difference in milliseconds in real time usage.Anyway one huge difference is the start time. Chrome opens instantly and i mean instantly when i click it, while firefox always hangs a second and then starts. I tried fresh install, with and without add ons and still it hangs. Maybe after a fresh install it opens a lil bit faster, but still....I don't know why this happens, i bought a Samsung 830 256gb and i want speed, which Firefox doesn't give me.I never thought i will say that, but i like Chrome better.Firefox, what happened to you....[/citation]

More features happened

maddad

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
My home built, average run of the mill PC which I never reboot or turn off unless Windows update requires a restart; never has a problem with FF. (I am using Windows 7 32 bit with 4 gigs of ram) No issues with Flash either. If you are having issues could be other software on your system mayby? I don't know, but no problems with FF here. Just upgraded to version 17. I only have 5 or 6 tabs open normally, so if you are opening a lot of tabs I don't know what that does to memory when using FF. I've never really understood the need to have 15-20 tabs open at one time.

wlachan

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
Still no fix on pop-up goes background by itself, and many buttons have to be double-clicked for any effect since FF15. Still lots of not responding freeze. I love FF but I am afraid I will depart soon since the ongoing problems have been ignored.

Status
Not open for further replies.