Firefox Addon Sounds When Google Spies Info

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DjEaZy

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
... in every page... may be that's why there iz so many free browsers... google pay's them in exchange of browser usage information...

G

Many web design companies will create pages for their clients with Google Analytics embedded. Its a good way to track visits to your site, which in turn is a bench mark for the success of any project they will do for clients

I couldn't care less if some basic info is taken... its not always about Google.

However what does shit me is that some pages wont load until it makes contact with the adserver...that is just poor design and annoying

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
there should be an addon that sounds when noboby is spying on me. that should be make my pc a whole lot quieter and less annoying.

reddragon72

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
Who cares???? seriously, Bing does the same stuff as well as Yahoo and AOL. Shoot AIM reads all your IM's and adjust's the ads to that. This sounds like someone has to much time on there hands and is looking down the wrong barrel. Wanna really freak out then get a RIAA/MPAA alarm and a .GOV alarm cause they are the ones that can do something in real life.... literally...

mikem_90

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
[citation][nom]Prince_Porter[/nom]Who ares if data is being sent to Google? If you're worried about your data being sent to them, you're either doing things you shouldn't be (and are too stupid to know they still wouldn't use the data against you), and/or need to get a life.[/citation]

Ahh the "you have nothing to hide if you're not doing anything wrong" argument. How many times has this been proven wrong by history? Just who gets to decide what is right and wrong? Those in charge? How often is that power abused? Just look at all the countless improper uses of National Security letters.

I think people are overreacting a bit, but legitimately concerned that Google growing rapidly does not turn into another Microsoft/Intel with its own interests first and public interest last if at all. Mostly because it is so tightly interwoven into what we see and do, how we live our lives.

Having so much centralized access to data about the world, our neighborhood, city, even our lives is both wonderful and frightening. Someone with a real agenda could wreak a lot of havoc on our personal freedoms.

nerdbox

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
Google + CIA= KISSING (lol)

I hate to be a tin foil hat person, but you should really be aware of Google's history of doing business with the CIA.

Wired magazine recently published an article detailing their latest joint venture, a tool that scours the internet in real time reading all blogs twitter feeds, facebook posts, etc. and uses that information to predict future behaviors. Pretty freaky technology in my opinion.

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2010/07/exclusive-google-cia/

Status
Not open for further replies.