Question "Firmware is updating" stuck

Jul 9, 2022
Please help me very urgently, because I need a computer right now. I would really appreciate it. I just bought it yesterday😭. I was installing Windows 10 on my Toshiba Tecra A50-C-20G laptop. Windows managed to install the drivers for the network card, video card, etc. Then, I restarted the computer. First it showed a black screen, then I restarted it again and it showed a black screen again. Then I restarted it again, and Windows started, and immediately restarted the computer "To Install Updates". And now it shows "Firmware is being updated (0%), Charge not plugged" even though it is plugged in. Help me please😭

BIOS...

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I'm trying to completely reinstall Windows 10
I suggest using a guide like this one (from our sibling site) to make sure you didn't miss anything. I suspect Windows Update picked up a firmware update and is trying to install it. You should give it some time to complete.

Jul 9, 2022
I suggest using a guide like this one (from our sibling site) to make sure you didn't miss anything. I suspect Windows Update picked up a firmware update and is trying to install it. You should give it some time to complete.

Thanks a lot! How I hate Windows 10... Always some kind of adventure with this OS.

Jul 9, 2022

I already gave this computer almost an hour to install this BIOS update

Jul 9, 2022
Are you certain that it simply didn't go to sleep/hibernate? Windows has a default sleep time of like 15 or 30 minutes (I can't remember) when you first set it up. If you left alone, it is possible your rig is snoozing.
No. Absolutely not. It's in bios mode now. All data is already there. Deleted the backup. By stupidity.

Jul 9, 2022
Are you certain that it simply didn't go to sleep/hibernate? Windows has a default sleep time of like 15 or 30 minutes (I can't remember) when you first set it up. If you left alone, it is possible your rig is snoozing.
I was right. This is not an update, but an error😂 Oh my God, you can go Crazy with these computers

Reactions: COLGeek