First 3D HDTVs Sell Out in One Week

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bison88

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
Panasonic sold out its 3D TV's in the first week.

Missing from the article is all 50 of em that went on sale around the U.S. lol. Thats how they get their investors all wet in there pants by using persuasion speak instead of actual facts for them to see.

michaelahess

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
Stupid consumers, stop buying right when released, make the manufactures realize they are raping people. Prices will drop if none sell the first few weeks. The rich always ruin it for the poor. I'm in between so I see it :)

xophaser

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2007
I saw a demo at Sony Style store and think this 3d stuff is very cool. There was a demo of a polar bear swimming in a water that looks like bding in a zoom exhibit. Too bad these things cost too much. I hope they have firmware to update my TV so I can get those glasses, otherwise I wouldn't get a new tv until my current tv die.

G

I have had my Misubishi TV for over 6 months for gaming. I can vouch this isn't the first HDTV.

steiner666

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
[citation][nom]jacney[/nom]Wrong! Misubishi has been selling 3D HDTVs for quite some time, they are just DLP not flat panels.[/citation]

Yup, and they work just as well, are bigger, and cost nearly 1/3 what these ones are selling for. "First 3D Plasmas" would be much more accurate.

aethm

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
I just came back from best buy and they were indeed sold out of the Panasonic. They had plenty of the Samsungs however and even had a demo set up that was extremely impressive.

G

Been selling Samsung 3D LED's since the end of February where I work, still have plenty in stock. So 1) Panasonic has not been the first to release a 3D TV, and therefore 2) all 3D TV's have not sold out in a week.

invlem

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
This just in, the 50 people that bought this 3D combo are scratching their heads about the total lack of 3D blu-rays for their new (highly over priced) equipment.

G

3d tvs not only need to be 120hz displays, but they should also have better response times. This is because in any given 3d scene, many of the tv's pixels will be flipping back and forth between bright and dark between the left and right frames. With a 5ms response, the pixel will never actually appear correctly.

trevorvdw

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2007
[citation][nom]FloKid[/nom]3D tech is here to stay, just like the real life. Unless you loose an eye of course.[/citation]

Yes, "loosing" and eye could make it fall out and then you'd lose that eye...

G

3dTV is not just 120Hz.
There's some extra electronics so the glasses are synched with the frame refresh.

lucky015

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
Have to say after my previous experiences with 3D technology I have no faith in it what so ever... It wouldn't surprise me if manufacturers massively understocked sellers with the products either out of fear of them not selling or with the intention of making it appear that they sold massive amounts extremely quickly with no intention of revealing how many where actually sold.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Damn, the LCD vs. plasma vs. DLP war is still on I guess. =D
I'm all for LCD's at the computer and a plasma for my movies and TV.
Honestly, I don't even know were I could fit a DLP.
Though I almost got a 60" CRT for free, but someone changed their mind and it essentially sat in cold storage for over a year now...

I wouldn't mind one of these, but honestly, I just want Samsung's next series of plasma's to come out.

alchemy69

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2008
I guess I'm the odd one out here. I'm actually right-handed but I always use my mouse with my left hand. I bought an Atari ST as a kid when mice were still a pretty new idea in home computers and it seemed like the most natural thing to do was use the mouse in my left hand so that I could use the keyboard with my more dextrous right hand at the same time, Now, 20 years later, the habit is so ingrained in me that I can't do it any way else.

Status
Not open for further replies.