First Look: Toshiba Portege R600

Status
Not open for further replies.

derrickboyd

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2008
"Aluminum is also durable but the issue is that heat can cause bending"

Where as in magnesium heat causes ignition. It does take quite a bit to start magnesium burning, but once started normal fire extinguishers and even water will NOT put it out. My dad works with magnesium sheets. One day he put a sheet in the sink, lit it and turned the taps on full. The water didn't even slow the fire down.

I wonder how long it will be before the first magnesium laptop "meltdown"!

G

Derrick, the Portee chassis, like the HP EliteBook range, is made from a magnesium alloy. I suspect your father had pure magnesium, which has rather different properties.

G

Have a lawn mower made in magnesium, Very light, won't rust, 25 years old. And... even with a burning hot engine on it, no worries about igniting... Nice!

G

And the sony seem well, too.
CR33 or CR23
But for christmas, it's hard to choose what to add the christmas gift listing, iPod nano 4th or zen x-fi?
Besides, it can put tv shows on ipod and play ipod on tv, the most important, without apple tv, that's really great, may be I should get iPod.
But friend said, I need DVD to iPod converter?
Does it like dvd rippering software http://www.convert-video-dvd.com/dvd-ripper.html#115 can rip DVD to any video format ??

G

suppose i have 10 windows xp, and one 2003 server which is an ADS server, how can i get the details of which systems are under the same domain and which are still in workgroup and how to convert those workgroups to domain from the server through command or tool on a single click without taking remote desktop of the client

G

I still hug my Toshiba R100. These be a wonderful series of computers. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.