Fisher-Price Develops iPhone Case For Toddlers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
My kids, at 4 & 7 are past this. However the recycling part is a good idea. I gave my kids my old iPhone 3's when we got new iPhone 4's. They've been beating on them, dropping them and generally not being nice and they're still holding up well for close to 1 year now. They both love playing games on them and both picked up the concept of a touch screen right away.

I can see apps for younger kids really catching on. Good on Fisher Price.

G

Now why does a toddler need an iphone? they need "My baby can read" not "My baby can become an Apple hipster"

Travis Beane

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
I let my 3 year old nephew play with my PSPgo, he loved it. Sure, he could only do the most basic game I had (Spyro), but he still could. I also taught him some basic PC children's games.
A iphone for a child? No problem. I'd suggest going for a cheaper alternative however, as a child doesn't need a 8-64GB MP3 player or a high speed 3G connection or to make phone calls.

Xyclone

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
I am sorry, but I don't see any reason why I would want to poison my toddler's mind with this stuff. That is just going to start them down a bad road...

G

Yes, but what about a couple of years from now when your contract expires and the iPhone7 is about to ship. That 3GS is worth less that your paypal fees on ebay, and there ARE a lot of good children's apps for the thing. That Alphabet train game and other learning/game items. My little girl got me in a bit of trouble when she figured out how to unlock mom's iPhone and rearrange the icons--just before she turned 1. Why not slap an old phone in a case and let the kid play with it at that point?

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Why have a healthy toddler when you can expose it to phone antennas, all the nice chemicals the case is made of ect in a must have thing for a baby - The phone.

And that is now possible even before they matured! If they get cancer young they won't likely pester their parents for another phone because they are dead! I can see the sheep are gathering in line for the latest "invention".

A thing any responsible parent must have! /sigh

Marco925

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
[citation][nom]pacioli[/nom]No worries about holding it wrong there![/citation]
but putting it in wrong.... that's a different story

G

in other news, fisher price announces that they plan on powering their iPhone apps by fisher price berries, at $10 a pop it will keep your rug bitters entertained for half an hour

mrubly

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2010
I let my kids play with my iPod Touch all the time. They have some really nice apps for kids so they think they're playing when they are actually learning. I think it doesn't make "a whole generation of babis addicted to apple", it helps them also learn the touch screen and tilt features that you can find in almost all smart phones. In my opinion it helps the children learn the new technologies, so it's not much of a task for them to learn the newer technologies when they get older.

Status
Not open for further replies.