Review Fitbit Charge 4 review

Jun 27, 2020
It was stated that “Fitbit has also brought its Smart Wake feature to the Charge 4; the company says it uses machine learning to know the best time to rouse you from your slumber, a feature my toddler has perfected without the assistance of advanced algorithms.”

However, this feature is not available yet (at least it is not on the charge 4 I just got and per the fitbit forums). How was Tom’s Guide able to get access to this feature to test it?

Last edited:

Poppypbr

Estimable
Sep 21, 2016
The issue with Fitbit Charge 4 is that it is incompatible with Windows 10 devices. That means it isn't compatible with more than 95% of the computers and laptops in the world. People who have a laptop would rather use it to view Fitbit collected data than use a phone. The whole point behind a Fitness Tracker is to be independent of a phone while exercising with the ability to use an unobtrusive device (a "watch" on your wrist). When exercise is over, you can then check your results and accumulation on a laptop rather than be limited to the small screen of a cell phone. In a pinch, the cell phone can do but serious people use a laptop for communication, business, documentation and record keeping as well as access to company customer, product, engineering and sales files. Makes sense to track fitness on a device where the rest of your life is being stored. Incompatibility with Windows 10 makes the Fitbit Charge 4 a weaker option than it could have been and Fitbit does not introduce updates and changes with a time frame approaching a sense of urgency. I'm returning mine for a Windows 10 compatible device.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
admin Article Commentary 0