Five Charged in Teen Selling Kidney to Buy Apple Products

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jrtolson

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
i think this is just cause that mass market consumerism does untold damage to all areas or low demographic societies, im a sales rep and have been for 15 years, i know how easy it is to sell to "numpties" and i think huge corporations are taking advantage of emerging markets the same way... i mean Apple seems to have this "must have phenoma" that has people queuing to buy their products in droves and i really do not understand why? i mean these iphones//ipads things are just a lame phone with antenna issues and short battery life and is obsolete in one year? i think the advertising authorities need bo much more strict in developing countries

blazorthon

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2010
[citation][nom]jrtolson[/nom]i think this is just cause that mass market consumerism does untold damage to all areas or low demographic societies, im a sales rep and have been for 15 years, i know how easy it is to sell to "numpties" and i think huge corporations are taking advantage of emerging markets the same way... i mean Apple seems to have this "must have phenoma" that has people queuing to buy their products in droves and i really do not understand why? i mean these iphones//ipads things are just a lame phone with antenna issues and short battery life and is obsolete in one year? i think the advertising authorities need bo much more strict in developing countries[/citation]

The HTC Evo 3D had 4G connectivity issues. I'm not an Apple fan, but I'm pretty sure that they don't have crap batteries and I wouldn't go as far as to call them lame. They are easily better than a standard phone and are probably better than a Blackberry. I really wouldn't go as far as to say that it's Apples fault that some kid decided to sell his kidney to afford Apple products. That's like saying it's Google's, the PC hardware manufactures, and M$'s fault if I sell my kidney for some Androids and PC parts with Windows.

dreadlokz

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
nice =D now imagine if in dark ages we had organs transplant, the world would be much better by now =) Probably without any humans already!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.