FIVE More Developers Leave Infinity Ward

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Haha, respawn... :)

Hint: if you make a decision and you find yourself the boss / owner of a company with no emplyees, you were probably wrong.

andrewcutter

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
according to kotaku 8 more have left after this.. http://kotaku.com/5525152/eight-more-leave-modern-warfare-developers-bringing-total-to-26..

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]timbo[/nom]Once again, this won't be a blow to Activision's MW3, because Activison doesn't own MW3. The founders of Respawn own the rights to MW3 and any subsequent MW title. Activision owns the rights to the COD series.[/citation]

Can I get a link on this? This is the first I've heard that.

As for all of them leaving like this, I can't believe they don't have SOME form of non-compete clause. I work in the software industry (though not gaming) and every company I've worked for has had one. They're not usually strictly enforced (or even easily enforcable), but with this many people leaving and starting what is likely to be a competing company, I can't see Activision just sitting back.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]timbo[/nom]Looks like the next Modern Warfare installment will be made with the pc gaming community in mind. Dedicated servers & hopefully mapping tools, anyone?[/citation]

that would be the best bet but the very worst would be they will get the team that makes the guitar hero games to make it LOL

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]captaincharisma[/nom]they will get the team that makes the guitar hero games to make it LOL[/citation]

Then you'd have a plastic gun with grenade buttons on it. That would be kinda cool, but probably really lame to play. Sort of a duck-hunt meets guitar hero. Like the arcade game 'Silent Scope'.

aletoil

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010
[citation][nom]mavroxur[/nom]I think there's a janitor, a couple interns, and the guy that didn't get the memo and is still showing up for work wondering why "everyone is out today"[/citation]
I wish I could be that guy. Being in a crappy but easy job is better than looking for one everyday.

cj_online

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2008
Good for Activision.. they deserved this uproar.... now if only they could come up with a "proper" name... cuz quite frankly.. a name like "Infinity Ward"beats the crap out of "Respawn"

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Infinity Ward will become Infinity Zero!

I never played a MW game before... but I'll be on the look out for future titles by ReSpawn... a great gaming company name! Perhaps they'll use VALVE and not have to deal with or get bought out by a large gaming company!

Future games we could use:
COD: The Civil War! Feel the fear of being shot at while you spend about a minute reloading your rifle, properly.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]Belardo[/nom]Infinity Ward will become Infinity Zero!I never played a MW game before... but I'll be on the look out for future titles by ReSpawn... a great gaming company name! Perhaps they'll use VALVE and not have to deal with or get bought out by a large gaming company![/citation]

Unfortunately they're apparently going to be using EA's distribution.

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/respawn-infinity-ward-modern-warfare-mw2-cod4,news-6438.html

EA of course being the WORST gaming company out there today (with Ubisoft racing to catch them and Activision tailing in third).

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
I wonder how many of Activision people were there when Activision was born? I remember some of their first few games on the Atari 2600:
Pitfall and Atlantis which was great games back in 1981.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]Belardo[/nom]DOH! Thats stupid! Nevermind. EA DRM is still crappola. UBI's always-ON drm is pure retarded.[/citation]

I don't think they are going to be necessarily using EA's DRM, just their distribution.

Status
Not open for further replies.