Fixing or Recycling a Smashed Screen Samsung UE46F5000

SirShanson

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2007
Hello,

I was burgled recently and one of the things the people burgling decided to do was stab the TV in my bedroom with a screwdriver therefore breaking the panel quite significantly.

The electronics and other parts of the TV work fine and I was wondering if it is possible to replace the panel myself and if so where I can get a hold of them or whether there is a recycling system in the UK anyone knows of so I can get at least a little money back from it rather than throwing straight down the dump.

I'm in the UK around Brighton if that helps as transporting or offering to repair shops outside that area is unfeasible.

Thanks in advance.

drtweak

Honorable
Sep 17, 2012
Yea i did a quick search and couldn't find anything. Since its pretty much toast anyways, Open it up and get the exact model number of the LCD screen it self and see if you can find another. Honestly I don't think you will though but doens't hurt to try.

SirShanson

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2007
Thanks, yeah I think it is a bit of a lost cause. Just trying to salvage something from it, the electronics and everything are in perfect condition including all the accessories as it's only a few months old. As far as I know from when I got my 2560x1600 monitor, most of the panels are kept in and around South Korea so it's hard to buy them anywhere else as they get picked up by cheaper brands if they don't make the cut for Samsungs/Dell etc.