Status
Not open for further replies.

BartG

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2008
Cool, but still not sure why I would want this over a laptop... maybe for waiters in restaurants!

gilbertfh

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2009
Pretty slick. If more textbooks were available digitally and the battery life was ~netbooks (9ish hours) I would definitely own one. Take notes, do homework, record lectures and not have to lug around 300# of books. I am there.

braxton

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2010
This will be a good product. Now as the upsell it needs a second monitor / battery so that it can be like the OLPC XO 2.0

noeldillabough

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010
Looks an awful lot like the TC1100 tablet computer (also made by HP). Fantastic tablet but underpowered and pretty expensive; I hope the Apple tablet resets the price of all the other companies trying for their piece of the slate pie.

joaomsc

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
I think it's good to have a full laptop, that's is as thin and light as a real paper notebook.
I've tryed to buy this kind of hardware when I wasin China, but it was only with Chinese Windows no tanslation or second language was possible.
The keyboard could be software using the touch screen, like my Samsung Omnia. Ther is no need for a hard key keyboard.
And if U R on your desk U can plug some usb KB, mouse and other stuff.

Pretty neat, hope it doesn't have an ugly (big)price!

G

Check out the Viliv X70. It is an awesome device. To answer the question of why - I use mine for reading books, watching video, listening to music, taking notes in meetings, shopping lists at the store, mobile email, my cook book in the kitchen, GPS navigation both in my vehicle and walking. The list is almost endless. Have you ever tried to take a laptop out on a plane or a train. This is MUCH more manageable. Laptops are great because you can take them with you. This thing is better because you WILL take it with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.