Folder redirect failed

Slimmers

Estimable
Mar 29, 2015
I am trying to redirect some of my User folders to a different hard drive. I was successful in redirecting the Downloads, Documents, Pictures, and Videos folders. However, when I right click on My Music, Properties, Location, Move and then choose the new folder (same setup and method as the other folders I redirected) I encounter the error: Unable to move "folder" to "folder" system call level incorrect.

I have been unable to find a solution to this, hence I am looking for your help! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Slim

Slimmers

Estimable
Mar 29, 2015

Thank you for responding. I think so! i.e. I am not fully familiar with how to check this. I have gone to the security tab and compared it with the Videos folder that successfully moved. It doesn't look exactly the same. Could you guide me in checking this?

Best,
Slim

jomyron

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
Under the security tab you should see the different users or group names such as SYSTEM, Guest, (your group name if you made one), Administrators, etc.

Each group has it's own permissions which if you click on a group you can see their permissions below. *a checkmark on allow or a checkmark on deny*, etc. Check to see if whatever group you are under and compare the permissions of that group to the permissions of your group on the downloads, documents, etc folders.

If that's the issue then you need to make sure you give yourself full control of that particular folder. There could be some other reason, but that's the only thing i can think of with my limited knowledge.

Slimmers

Estimable
Mar 29, 2015

They seem to have all the same checkmarks, but different groups. I'll try fooling around with them all. At first I thought it was a sharing issue, but I have sharing disabled and disabled my homegroup.