Forget Tesla Model 3 — I drove a Hyundai Ioniq 6 for a week and it’s a sportier alternative

Apr 28, 2024
Right, another Hyundai advertisement!

You forgot to mention the Tesla Model 3 long range and performance really is far superior.

The Hyundai will NEVER SELF-DRIVE!

oh, Hyundai is only charging their loyal customers $50,000 should you ever need an out of warranty battery replacement!

No thanks, I will just my Tesla!

May 22, 2024
Right, another Hyundai advertisement!

You forgot to mention the Tesla Model 3 long range and performance really is far superior.

The Hyundai will NEVER SELF-DRIVE!

oh, Hyundai is only charging their loyal customers $50,000 should you ever need an out of warranty battery replacement!

No thanks, I will just my Tesla!
LOL, "far superior"?? Just do the research. Yes, the M3 is a great car but a lot of folks like the I6 as well. The 50k "out of warranty" jab is a myth. It was here in Canada-land, a guy with an I5 ran into a rock that damaged his battery and the insurance company wrote off the car. New cars get written off all the time after accidents.

Self Driving is coming, self driving is coming! . . . . thanks Elon. Here is your 55 billion pay check.

Apr 28, 2024
LOL, "far superior"?? Just do the research. Yes, the M3 is a great car but a lot of folks like the I6 as well. The 50k "out of warranty" jab is a myth. It was here in Canada-land, a guy with an I5 ran into a rock that damaged his battery and the insurance company wrote off the car. New cars get written off all the time after accidents.

Self Driving is coming, self driving is coming! . . . . thanks Elon. Here is your 55 billion pay check.
The $50,000 out of warranty battery is NOT a myth and has been confirmed by more than one customer AND confirmed by Hyundai the manufacturer.

Maybe you should watch a YouTube video on Tesla full self-driving, it is pretty much here.

If you think A.I. is not going to solving the full self-driving and becoming multiple factors MORE safer than the best human drivers, your job is probably about to be replaced as well by A.I.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
The $50,000 out of warranty battery is NOT a myth and has been confirmed by more than one customer AND confirmed by Hyundai the manufacturer.

Maybe you should watch a YouTube video on Tesla full self-driving, it is pretty much here.

If you think A.I. is not going to solving the full self-driving and becoming multiple factors MORE safer than the best human drivers, your job is probably about to be replaced as well by A.I.
There has been more than a bit of urban legend associated with this battery thing. If you have sources that say otherwise, please share them.

We are far from AI taking over driving of all passenger vehicles. Far.

Reactions: mikcole44
Apr 28, 2024
Sure, only if you like fake engine noises.

The new Tesla Model 3 Performance beats it in just about every way on paper.

May 22, 2024

Again, it was an I5 that hit a rock, a big rock. It was an accident and the car was written off because the batt was damaged. End of story. There were actually two instances up here in Canada but I only can confirm one. We have plenty of mountains up here and plenty of BIG rock. You hit them at speed with an Ioniq, a Tesla or an ICE and there is good chance your vehicle will be written off by your insurance.

Now please pay Elon his 55,000,000,000. He's earned it . . . maybe.

Apr 28, 2024
Again, it was an I5 that hit a rock, a big rock. It was an accident and the car was written off because the batt was damaged. End of story. There were actually two instances up here in Canada but I only can confirm one. We have plenty of mountains up here and plenty of BIG rock. You hit them at speed with an Ioniq, a Tesla or an ICE and there is good chance your vehicle will be written off by your insurance.

Now please pay Elon his 55,000,000,000. He's earned it . . . maybe.
You wrong and it is the point. The Tesla batteries are like $18k for a model 3 battery. So a replacement battery for a Tesla DOES NOT write off the vehicle because Tesla recycles the battery and there are many 3rd party companies that will actually fix them!

The point that a brand new car was completely written off IS BECAUSE Hyundai is charging $50k for a battery replacement. OBSCENE!

And Yeah, FOR THE ONLY PROFITABLE FULLY ELECTRIC CAR COMPANY IN THE FREE WORLD I think Elon Musk should get his $52 million bonus.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 24, 2024
It seems like these two phrases are a bit of a contradiction.

"Forget Tesla Model 3 — I drove a Hyundai Ioniq 6 for a week and it’s a sportier alternative"

"the first all-electric sedan I’ve driven"

You should try to get some seat time in both cars if you're going to write a comparison like that. It's not hard to get behind the wheel of a Tesla. You can do it at any service center for free with a demo drive. Sometimes they'll even let you take it overnight. It would lend more credibility to any car comparison. Not just Tesla.

Reactions: Alexk12
May 26, 2024
I like the styling and range of the Hyundai. I drive a Tesla because the charging network is reliable. I found Electrify America, EVgo, and ChargePoint to be consistently unreliable with our Chevy Bolt. About 1/2 the time I was calling customer service for help. I complained about an Electrify America station for two years to no avail. The Tesla supercharging stations just work. I've had one problem in one year with one charger, but moving to the next stall fixed the problem. It is a night and day difference. I sincerely hope the non-Tesla chargers get better.

Reactions: Alexk12