Forget you, Eye-Fi

USAFRet

Illustrious
Bye bye, Eye-Fi.

WiFi enabled SD card
You had a great product, and you dropped the ball.

No camera+WiFi functionality I ever saw was as good as yours. Seamless automatic uploads to a PC, tablet, FTP, whatever. Autodelete of files that had already been transferred. Autocreation of date folders.

Even though my Fuji X-T1 has built in WiFi capability, it was nowhere nearly as seamless as the eye-fi card.

Your WiFi SD cards were working great. And then last summer (June-Sept 2016), you kicked us all to the curb. Your merger (buyout?) with Ricoh apparently rendered the previous SD cards non-functional. A business decision, not a technical shortcoming.
You released a workaround application that purported to let them work in some limited fashion.

Of course, that workaround application would not actually 'work'. I am no noob to the PC and camera world, but I could NOT get that to work.

OK, screw it...I'll buy one of the new cards. Just because your functionality was so great.
Purchased a mobiPro 32GB Oct 2016. Worked almost as good as the original.
Autodelete function was gone...Sometimes I had to manually start the application on my PC to kickstart the transfer.
Ok, minor things.

Then...the other day (July something 2017)...my 32GB mobiPro simply stopped transferring.
Note: At no time did I have images upload to your cloud first and then downloaded. Direct from camera to router to PC.
Poof...nada. It still works as a regular camera SD card, but no WiFi.

Well, screw it. Maybe it's dead. Warranty? Supposedly a year?

Go to the eye-fi website, and it is pretty barren!
Many of the links simply point to the Internet Archive...the Wayback Machine.

OK...maybe one last chance.
Can I buy a new one anywhere? No.
Amazon, no. Newegg, no. I even went into BestBuy (ewwww). Nada.

I sincerely hope the founders and employees of Eye-Fi are bankrupt, living in a van down by the river.

Solution
I agree that Eye-Fi did drop the ball. It was a great card to have for those of us who have a camera or two that don't have built-in WiFi capability and yet fail to see the point of new equipment when what you have works perfectly. Newer does not always mean better.

USAFRet

Illustrious

1. My current Fuji X-T1 has built in WiFi.
It is nowhere as seamless as the Eye-Fi card is/was.
And I'm not likely to give up on $2,000 of very good Fuji hardware.

2. I could take that card out and put it in one of my other, non-WiFi cameras, with no configuration change. It still did its thing. Camera agnostic.

3. Maybe you shouldn't make assumptions as to other peoples use cases.

I agree that Eye-Fi did drop the ball. It was a great card to have for those of us who have a camera or two that don't have built-in WiFi capability and yet fail to see the point of new equipment when what you have works perfectly. Newer does not always mean better.

Solution
@USAFret, I feel the pain... The same as you.

Had two Eye-Fi cards, slightly different revision. Used to work great till last year.
With "workaround", one of the cards uploads pictures and videos. The other one - no way. Switched cameras, switched cards - it's the card, not the camera.

Got a camera with WiFi (another tray application to look after) - nowhere as useful as the Eye-Fi. Yes, sure, I can connect my phone to the camera and browse/upload photos, but...

Rogue Leader

Distinguished

FYI there is no "law" here preventing him from saying "Screw you", unless he said it directly to a person here.

As for you, you seem to think Cameras are like cellphones that people dump them and replace them yearly. If you knew anything about them you'd know thats not the case, especially in the upper echelon. WiFi is a fairly new feature, however theres MANY very expensive pieces of camera equipment out there without it.

You are the one whom needs an attitude adjustment, you came in and basically ragged on him for trying to use stuff he rightfully paid for a short time ago thats been bricked. And then got pissed off for being called on it. He is not the problem here, you are.

Rogue Leader

Distinguished

Before you go bloviating about the rules to two members of the moderation team, you should know them. We would cause an issue if there was profanity. We would also cause an issue if it was directed at a person. While it wasn't in the best of taste, he changed the title realizing his error.

This IS a private forum governed by the set of rules out forth by the management, and enforced by the moderation team. If there is an issue with a post we will deal with it, we do not need you to remind us of the rules and how it works. The rest of the moderation team saw this post as well and since none of us felt there was a problem, there was no problem, only the one you are creating now.

All he said is that you shouldn't make assumptions about other peoples uses, you were the one who went on the defensive, so I suggest lightening up.

Now its the end of the discussion.