Four More Modern Warfare Devs Quit Infinity Ward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow703793

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2007
LMAO. Activision deserved this.

Now... when can we expect these devs to start their own company and/or get taken up by other companies (Crytek,etc)?

alyon

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2009
This is what happens when you push a team to release a sub par product. Nobody wants their name attached to a title which underperformed. I wouldn't want to work in that type of environment either.

This reminds me a restaurant that stops putting the customer first.

ktasley

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
^ lol I am def not a IW fan, but we can't really say MW2 under performed, it was the best selling anything in the entertainment industry.

...but I understand what you mean

CBaca

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2009
Good. Activision deserves to go out of business. Especially with all the crappy pc ports the have been producing lately. I hope Marvel stops letting them produce their superhero games.

UbeRveLT

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2009
I hope all the guys who quit go to Respawn Entertainment. Have exactly the same guys just working under a different name. F*ck Activision.

micky_lund

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
woot!
its not a bad game with UBER fast internet, otherwise its dodgy...
my 85mib/s down, 45mib/s up is fast enough enough, but even then, there are only 20,000 people online most of the time

G

That's the last straw. I too will be resigning from infinity ward. Not as a dev or what have you, but as an individual of equal or greater importance. I understand my role in your company has provided you with a charismatic and exceptional gamer. Now I wonder where to take my resume...

truehighroller

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2006
This is soley due to the fact that their CEO was such a jerk "clean words here so I'm not punished :^P". I made the comment that this guy obviously needs to freshen up on college courses back when these stories first started showing up here. Times have changed and studies show that you can't treat people like slaves and exspect them to want to stick around and make you more money.

Here are some examples of his brilliance in management and exactly what I'm talking about here.

First, Activision/Blizzard CEO Robert Kotick said that he is making sure his company will only turn out games from now on that can be "exploited every year on every platform with clear sequel potential and have the potential to become $100 million franchises.…"

source: http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2008/11/activision-if-we-cant-run-a-game-into-the-ground-we-dont-want-it.ars

Then Kotick mocked consumers when he announced the $150 price tag of the MW2 prestige edition and also raised the price of the PC edition to milk consumers even more. He said: "you know if it was left to me, I would raise the prices even further".

source: http://news.spong.com/article/18838/Activisions-Kotick-Id-Raise-Game-Prices-Even-More

Kotick said "The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games." He went on to say his mission is to make sure Activision/Blizzard game designers are full of "skepticism, pessimism, and fear" of the global economic downturn, adding, "We are very good at keeping people focused on the deep depression."

source: http://www.gamespot.com/news/6226758.html?tag=latestheadlines;title;1

This is why they are sinking fast and I for one say good ridens. Thumb me down if you want to but these are the cold hard facts and you can't silence the truth now a days. They never should have hired this guy.

idisarmu

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2008
[citation][nom]shadow703793[/nom]LMAO. Activision deserved this. Now... when can we expect these devs to start their own company and/or get taken up by other companies (Crytek,etc)?[/citation]

Crytek does not want them. All IW employees are good at are making static objects look pretty... seriously though, COD games only look good in screen shots. In-game, it looks like everything is frozen or made of concrete with pretty textures. Nothing is organic or soft, you just bump into something and it will NOT budge.

G

Doesn't matter. AV has already achieved ridiculous ROI with this game. The resignations are probably considered cost cutting by the brass.

What do they know that you do not? 1: That when they want to hire for MW3, top talent will be lined up around the block. 2: Today's top talent is next month's obsolete has-been.

truehighroller

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2006
[citation][nom]Business Minded[/nom]Doesn't matter. AV has already achieved ridiculous ROI with this game. The resignations are probably considered cost cutting by the brass. What do they know that you do not? 1: That when they want to hire for MW3, top talent will be lined up around the block. 2: Today's top talent is next month's obsolete has-been.[/citation]

What's that you say Robert Kotick? LMAO

Status
Not open for further replies.