Foxconn Workers Arrested for Leaking iPad 2

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ikefu

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
That's what happens when you use a company that pays its employees a barely livable wage. Selling trade secrets is indeed wrong and they should be held accountable, but you get what you pay for and apple isn't paying much in terms of manufacturing cost...

dark_lord69

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
They are suicidal now they are being arrested...
[citation][nom]cadder[/nom]Apple is such a bunch of lowlifes. I'm ashamed to have any association with them.[/citation]
I agree, but unlike you I have no association.

Other than loving McIntosh apples (the fruit). Seriously, I used to think most apples were pretty much the same but I was VERY wrong. I'd have to say I was VERY surpised at how much I liked McIntosh apples. (no joke) If you can find them for sale someday I suggest you give them a try. I've noticed in the Minneapolis metro, the majority of grocery stores DO NOT carry McIntosh apples. (They seem to be hard to find. Maybe it's just the wrong time of year.)

G

@NuclearShadow

China in fact respects trade secrets so much they hacked Google to just to protect Google's trade secrets from Google.....

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
[citation][nom]TradeSecrets[/nom]@NuclearShadowChina in fact respects trade secrets so much they hacked Google to just to protect Google's trade secrets from Google.....[/citation]
:D :D :D

lpedraja2002

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
Three employees were arrested on December 26, 2010 for allegedly leaking the design of the iPad 2 to case makers.

Oh wow! The design of the iPad2 was so different from the first iPad. It changed from a rectangle to a rectangle.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]skyline100[/nom]Read this:"Three employees were arrested on December 26, 2010 for allegedly leaking the design of the iPad 2 to case makers. "[/citation]
and how does this hurt apple? they don't make cases, they make the hardware....i am sure that apple is doing very well even with the leak

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
[citation][nom]soundefx[/nom]I guess Apple is trying to set an example of these guys.[/citation]
Apple made a public example of even that guy who found iPhone4 in a bar. Maybe not intended at the example in itself, maybe intended at just the publicity. "Any publicity is good publicity" some say. I never will agree with these methods, but then I am not their target customer.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Considering that they're being paid $10 a day to produce hundreds of iPads that generate $300 profit for Apple each, I'd say they have the right.

Status
Not open for further replies.