Yudhaputera

Estimable
Aug 10, 2015
Hi guys

So I had this laptop for almost 4 years (Bought this on around 2012) It all started on the second year, my laptop is having a virtual memory error (it's been too long and it never happened again so I don't really remember) then after that my FPS on game started to drop.

I tried reinstalling windows but didn't work and I already use an up to date Nvidia driver to no avail. But I notice that when I run a Resident Evil 5 Benchmark, instead of Nvidia Graphic (GT 620M) it detects intel HD Graphics 4000.

And I use CPUID HWMonitor to monitor my temp. On the CPU I get around 75-78 Celcius while full load. Is this normal?
Strangely, I can't find my GT 620M on the CPUID HWMonitor device list. I've tried countless time reinstalling the graphic driver with a same result.

I've tried to reapply the thermal paste to both CPU and Graphic Cards but yeah, still the same result.

So any solution for this problem? What did I missed? It's been bugging me all this years..... Sure I've prep my wallet to buy another laptop but this issue is still gnawing at me because usually I can fix this kind of problem with relative ease.

Solution
First you need to get it to detect and use the right card.

A. Uninstall, and then reinstall, the latest graphics card driver.
B. Make sure that your Nvidia graphics card is set as the default graphics card.

Here's the steps on how to set it to default.

1. Open the "Nvidia Control Panel".
2. Select "Manage 3D Settings" under 3D Settings.
3. Click on the "Program Settings" tab and select the program you want to choose a graphics card for from the drop down list.
4. Now select "preferred graphics processor" in the drop down list. (You can see what the automatic option is listed as global setting) If you want to use the dedicated graphics card, select High-performance Nvidia processor.

Once it is running on the right one, test the...
First you need to get it to detect and use the right card.

A. Uninstall, and then reinstall, the latest graphics card driver.
B. Make sure that your Nvidia graphics card is set as the default graphics card.

Here's the steps on how to set it to default.

1. Open the "Nvidia Control Panel".
2. Select "Manage 3D Settings" under 3D Settings.
3. Click on the "Program Settings" tab and select the program you want to choose a graphics card for from the drop down list.
4. Now select "preferred graphics processor" in the drop down list. (You can see what the automatic option is listed as global setting) If you want to use the dedicated graphics card, select High-performance Nvidia processor.

Once it is running on the right one, test the system again and see if the problem persists. I say that as the problem may be caused by the other graphic card usage.

If that isn't the case, have you tested the fan to make sure it isn't the problem?

Short of that, it may well just be that as the games advance, your system (upgraded or not) is to old to accommodate the changes.

Solution