FPS Drop Problem For a Specific Game

Anatolia

Estimable
Nov 23, 2015
Hello There,

I have got fps drop problem when I play "Blade and Soul (NA/EU)".It's been like a week since I start and during that time I've spent a lot of time to find a way to fix this issue.I've already tried more than few solution ways that worked for some people but not for me.

Inside towns 40-50 Fps
Open World Areas without crowd 60 Fps
Crowded Areas 0-10 Fps (Screen Freeze, not able to play)
In action (Using my skills in dungeons or somewhere else it goes 20-30 Fps)
Game is just not smoothly running with those.

Specs ;

• Intel® Core™ i7-5700HQ Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.50 GHz)
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M
    Samsung SSD 850 EVO M2 250GB
    Full HD 1920x1080 IPS Matt 60 Hz Screen
    Windows 10 Home (64 Bit)
    Ram 8GB PC3-12800 DDR3
    3 Fan + 1 Cooler
    (I don't have any heating problem even without cooler, yet for gaming notebook I wanted to have one)

Ways to fix I've seen before and tried but failed for my computer ;

1.Changing Nvidia Desktop settings (Nvidia Gpu Selected).

2.Overclocking Gpu with MSI Afterburner.

3.Display Driver Uninstaller.

4.There was a solution found by some Asian people to run game smoothly and someone just translated settings and gave us quick guide about it.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlcCB3eyV-s (There are some specific settings that you need to change with Nvidia Inspector in this guide, done it all except frame rate limiter.Somehow I wasn't able to set it to Off, when I did apply it goes back to default.Didn't even bother to fix that after all of these, just set it to 120)

5.Changing in-game settings to low or high doesn't help as well to fps.

6.Nvidia Geforce Experience not installed after DDU process.

7.Some people say the game runs better with "Windows 7" but I've "Windows 10" at the moment,
so all I can do about it was changing compability to "Windows 7" from properties of it.

8.Power Settings (High Performance)

Note:Game use UE3 Engine as I know, I've found some stuff about it during my "googling" and most people says that is something about the game (Not optimized) and whatever you do, you won't be able to fix it.

So here comes the problem, I know these kind of stuff mostly doesn't change at mmorpg games.Devs mostly ignore this kind of stuff which I don't know why...It appears I've to find my own way about this with other people's help because I am ignorant about all of these actually.All I can do is just googling and try to find something usefull that shared by experienced people and use them.

So, please tell me if you have any suggestions for me.I might have missed some ways up there, tried lots of things till now.

Hi,

It seems like you've already done most of the possible troubleshooting steps. Please do try these other troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by running Windows Update, install all updates available.
- Next is to run an update or patch with the game as well.
- Another that I would suggest is to do a clean install of the graphics driver.
- Please use this link below for the complete guide.
- http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2767677/clean-graphics-driver-install-windows.html
- Once done do test it with the game again.
- If all these will not work I would suggest doing a complete factory reset as your laptop resort.