thebrazilian27

Commendable
Aug 6, 2016
FPS drop while laptop is unplugged from charger. All settings set to high performance, windows 10, nvidia gtx 960m 4gb, i7 6700

Solution
I would suggest checking your "Power Settings" in the "Control Panel".

1. Go into "Control Panel" and click the "Power Options".
2. Next to the plan that is currently selected click "Change Plan Settings".
3. Now click "Change Advanced Power Settings".
4. Click the plus/minus indicators to open and close the individual entries in the list. To change a setting that is grayed out, click Change settings that are currently unavailable.

Most of the advanced settings are listed as pairs, consisting of an "On battery" setting and a "Plugged in" setting. Many settings can also be disabled, by selecting "Never" (for example), instead of a time value.

You should be able to locate and change the way the battery handles this. However, you will...
I would suggest checking your "Power Settings" in the "Control Panel".

1. Go into "Control Panel" and click the "Power Options".
2. Next to the plan that is currently selected click "Change Plan Settings".
3. Now click "Change Advanced Power Settings".
4. Click the plus/minus indicators to open and close the individual entries in the list. To change a setting that is grayed out, click Change settings that are currently unavailable.

Most of the advanced settings are listed as pairs, consisting of an "On battery" setting and a "Plugged in" setting. Many settings can also be disabled, by selecting "Never" (for example), instead of a time value.

You should be able to locate and change the way the battery handles this. However, you will lose battery power much faster.

Solution