Sepehrns

Commendable
Nov 1, 2016
Hi everyone. I have an acer E5-575g laptop that has these specs:
Intel Core i5 6200u 2.4GHZ up to 2.8GHZ
4GB Ram DDR4
Nvidia 940MX GDDR5 with 2GB Vram
500GB HDD
Well i bought this laptop a few days ago and i installed games to test its performance. Actually i have a good enough system to run games like GTA V, Battlefield 4. But for example when i play gta v for about 10 minutes the game starting lag and the FPS dops from 40 to 11,10 and i can't play it normally. But in Far cry 4 with ultra settings i can play smoothly. I tested several graphics settings and even on medium i have this problem. The temperatures are fine i think. Cpu temp while im playing is about 65~70 degrees celsius and when fps drops its about 70 °C and the gpu temp while im playing is about 59~62 °C and when it starting lag its about 62~68 °C. I tested many solutions like buy a cool pad or placed a fan in front of laptop's fan or i defrag my hdd nothing helps. I also have ESET anti-virus. I hope someone can help me here

This is an issue with Grand Theft Auto V.

Once it runs out of memory it begins paging onto the HDD which is what you're experiencing. If you have an SSD you need to set the paging file on that or remove the paging file all together which could result in crashes. At 4gb of RAM you only just satisfy the minimum requirements.

Sepehrns

Commendable
Nov 1, 2016
Ok well first of all thanks for your reply buddy. Actually 6 months ago i had a lenovo E540 that had these specs:
Intel Core i3 4000M 2.3Ghz
4GB DDR3 Ram
Nvidia Geforce GT740M with 2GB Vram
500GB HDD
And i played it on this system with medium to high settings! With no lag and FPS drops. I played it with about 25FPS on that laptop and very stable. I tested it yesterday again and the temperatures of GPU and CPU were 59 and 65 °C. So its really strange for me that my new laptop is more powerful than my lenovo. Actually with my new laptop i play it with 35FPS with medium to high settings in about 2 minutes and then it starting lag and the FPS drops to 10~11 and again it goes to 30FPS! its not really stable and so i cant play with it. I also tested it with battlefield 4 but with better performance and the FPS dropped after 30 minutes. So i think it should has a solution

Sepehrns

Commendable
Nov 1, 2016
I thought maybe the cooling system of my new laptop wasn't strong enough but then i saw the temperatures were fine. I don't know really maybe cuz my laptop's CPU supports turbo boost so when it reached to its maximum frequency maybe its automatically dropping the frequency. If I limit the frequency a little lower than the maximum will it affects? I'm sorry for my bad english cuz I'm not native.

Sepehrns

Commendable
Nov 1, 2016
To velo3100:
Hi. Actually its not the latest but when i bought this lap top 2 weeks ago i downloaded the latest driver but now i saw nvidia released new driver on friday. Is it really important to download the latest one? Cuz my laptop has the latest driver when GTA V released for PC on 2015. But i can test this one too i will download the latest one tonight. Could be about my windows too? I have windows 10 latest update and its UEFI