Solved! Fps in-game starts decreasing after plugging and also unplugging AC cable

Apr 7, 2020
So yeah, I have the 2in1 laptop. HP envy x360 13.. it has AMD Ryzen 5 2500U I think with some graphics in it. 8GBs of ram and poor 256gb ssd. So my problem is that, every game I play runs like 50-60 fps without any problem, but in some time, FPS start decreasing and getting lower. In that time I unplug the AC cable, so fps get back to 50-60. In 2-3 minutes, fps start decreasing again and I have to plug the AC back in. This whole cycle repeats. I changed the powerplan, I tried updating the drivers... I don’t have any other idea what to do. So if you have any, help me please
Thanks

Apr 7, 2020
So yeah, I watched a lot videos and somehow studied a lot about this. I found out that Ryzen 5s are limited to the 15W TDP. I changed and little bit overclocked the CPU, bought cooling pad which really helps. I am getting from 60°C to 80°C, which is still okay and the problem is gone. I know, it may not be the best solution, but only solution I could make to fix this. So yeah, for me it is fixed..

rhyalus

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2011
Right, you are simply overheating, unplugging the power makes the computer reduce speed, which is why your FPS drops again.

This is why gaming on an ultra portable is not fun...

R

Apr 7, 2020
So yeah, I watched a lot videos and somehow studied a lot about this. I found out that Ryzen 5s are limited to the 15W TDP. I changed and little bit overclocked the CPU, bought cooling pad which really helps. I am getting from 60°C to 80°C, which is still okay and the problem is gone. I know, it may not be the best solution, but only solution I could make to fix this. So yeah, for me it is fixed..

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Laptop Tech Support 0
David_1986 Laptop Tech Support 0
Arthurdensley Laptop Tech Support 1
LilApplication Laptop Tech Support 3
Pasiya98 Laptop Tech Support 3
JackGer8 Laptop Tech Support 0
Mohamedd123 Laptop Tech Support 1
JeanLucG Laptop Tech Support 0
Romanio0089 Laptop Tech Support 5
OhGod Laptop Tech Support 3
L Laptop Tech Support 7