FPS Issues With CSGO

Jun 18, 2018
I have a laptop that was made and purchased in 2016. It is not a bad laptop and I would like to play csgo on it but I only get about 10-25fps on a normal map. It only begins to lag once everyone begins to move. I am not exactly sure why the game is doing so. I have recently updated the windows to the newest version aswell as updated my AMD drivers. SystemsLab says that I should handle the game perfectly fine but my computer doesn't believe so. I recently reset the laptop which has cleared up all my junk. I have nearly 900gb of free space and nothing running in the backround as all I have downloaded is CSGO and avast and a few other things that are legit (discord as a example)

Laptop Specs:
- Windows 10 home
- AMD A8-7050 Radeon R5, 6 Compute Cores 2C + 4G 2.20GHz
- 8Gb Of Ram
- 64bit Operating System

Solution
From a veteran CS:GO player, I can tell you that that game takes a LOT of resources. What are you trying to run it in? High settings, medium, low? I can tell you by your specs that you won't get good FPS. Your running a dual core AMD A8 and Radeon Graphics. If it was an Intel i3, then maybe you could see massive improvements. Heck even an AMD FX chip could have helped. AMD A8 are equivalent to Pentium CPU's. But yes, anti-virus software can have a huge impact on gaming. Try disabling that sucker and test.

Your going to have to lower the graphic settings and just mess around with them until you get good FPS. Good luck!

Avast-Team

Estimable
Mar 3, 2017

Hi, thanks for using Avast!

I don't think that it's related in this case, but you may want to try adding exclusions for CS:GO to prevent Avast from scanning the game files as a starter.

If that doesn't help, you can try temporarily disabling real time protection (this is easy to do under "shields control" in the toolbar) and run the game to see if the issue persists. This would rule it out :)

inzane4all

Great
Jun 20, 2018
From a veteran CS:GO player, I can tell you that that game takes a LOT of resources. What are you trying to run it in? High settings, medium, low? I can tell you by your specs that you won't get good FPS. Your running a dual core AMD A8 and Radeon Graphics. If it was an Intel i3, then maybe you could see massive improvements. Heck even an AMD FX chip could have helped. AMD A8 are equivalent to Pentium CPU's. But yes, anti-virus software can have a huge impact on gaming. Try disabling that sucker and test.

Your going to have to lower the graphic settings and just mess around with them until you get good FPS. Good luck!

Solution