Frequent BSOD + 3D acceleration errors (Gtx 850m)

ac.buftea

Prominent
Nov 13, 2017
HI! It's been a rough month for me and my laptop (Asus G56JK - i7 4710HQ and GTX 850m). At first I started randomly getting these errors (LINK) when I was trying to enter games. I removed the drivers using DDU and installed new ones. I even tried changing from Win 10 to Win 7 just to see what would happen. Guess what? Nothing was solved. I changed back to Win 10 and somehow :??: everything was fine now.

Fast forward 1.5 weeks later (2 days ago to be precise) and the worst happened. I tried entering World of Warcraft and *boom*, the same 3d acceleration error appeared. Ok. I rebooted the OS and I managed to enter Wow. I played for about an hour, minimized the game, watched some youtube and when I tried to maximize it again, the game was frozen and I got a BSOD (Driver Power State Failure).

Now, everytime I enter the game, after a random amount of time, it crashes (it looks something like this) and then I receive the same BSOD (Driver Power State Failure).

I tried changing the settings from power management to maximum performance because I heard that this BSOD could happen when various parts awake from sleep mode (wifi card, video card, but it did not fix anything.

TL;DR: 2 weeks ago I was receiving 3d acceleration errors when entering games, now I get crashes and BSOD (Driver Power State Failure) while playing games.