Fresh windows 8 install on laptop. Need help.

Saberen

Estimable
Jun 5, 2014
I bought a laptop recently with a painfully slow 1tb 7200rpm hard drive and i want to add a msata ssd to my laptop. I wasn't provided with a windows 8.1 disk or a usb. When i get my ssd how do i put the data from my HDD to my SSD?

Solution
If you buy a samsung ssd i think it has a cd with a wizard for data migration and also to change the location of the os and move it to the ssd.Personally i think samsung ssds are very good i got 850 pro 250gb and it has the cd but i did need it because i installed os straight to the ssd.Either way you should check about the os transfer ability because only for the data migration i am 100% sure.

necromancher

Estimable
Feb 28, 2015
If you buy a samsung ssd i think it has a cd with a wizard for data migration and also to change the location of the os and move it to the ssd.Personally i think samsung ssds are very good i got 850 pro 250gb and it has the cd but i did need it because i installed os straight to the ssd.Either way you should check about the os transfer ability because only for the data migration i am 100% sure.

Solution