Friends Help Blind Gamer Finish Legend of Zelda

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brett1042002

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
[citation][nom]jon1245[/nom]You're the reason why words like "hater" and "asshole" were invented. Mind your own business.[/citation]

^ Truth

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
[citation][nom]jon1245[/nom]You're the reason why words like "hater" and "asshole" were invented. Mind your own business.[/citation]

How is he being a hater or an asshole? He's right. There ARE many more things that he could have done in that time that would have been more productive.

I mean, sheesh, there was a documentary about a blind kid who fucking learned echolocation. He uses clicks like a dolphin/bat and he uses it to play basketball.

Hey, great, the kid did what he wanted, but he was following a recipe that someone laid out for him anyway. It just doesn't seem like much of an accomplishment in comparison, sorry.

I feel for him, it sucks to be blind, I was for about a week, now I wear really strong prescrips (not coke bottles, though, thank goodness), but... There's so many other things he could've done.

jon1245

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2009
[citation][nom]Kelavarus[/nom]How is he being a hater or an asshole? He's right. There ARE many more things that he could have done in that time that would have been more productive.[/citation]

Do you even know what it is to be a hater? It's hating on someone's accomplishments, putting them down, judging them for what they've done. Yeah, it IS great if he feels great about it. Plus, someone being happy bothers you that much? Really? REALLY?

I really doubt they played eight hours a day for several years. In any case, did he hurt anybody? It's none of anybody's business how he spends his time just so long as he doesn't hurt others. We only know part of the story. Just nod and move on, dude, because it really is none of your business.

homerhellboy223

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2009
[citation][nom]grieve[/nom]Me too haha.. its evil but just unexpected lol.I found a vid of that guy playing the game, i feel for him!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0[/citation]
You're such an asshole, that's rick roll vid.

athreex

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
[citation][nom]ItsMeIsntIt[/nom]Yes, but can he play Crysis?[/citation]

you might spit it out as a joke, but that doesn't mean that he could set his sights in a new goal.

[citation][nom]XZaapryca[/nom]We could all say that, but then one person's wasted time is another's best time ever. Living life the way one wants is the best time ever. Do no harm and enjoy yourself while you can.[/citation]

Wise words. Too bad I can upvote you past 21.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
[citation][nom]homerhellboy223[/nom]You're such an asshole, that's rick roll vid.[/citation]
they should have never published the rickroll article the other day/week... Its an addiction trying to dupe people.

athreex

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
[citation][nom]kresso[/nom]Muah Ha ha! The link was marked as already viewed! Dodged that "Roll"'Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me'[/citation]

Third or fourth time time for me already ( Still I liked the previous one with the info). Not going to click another video link ever again ( except for the main article...unless Jane steps in the Rick Roll trick wagon). It's a joke Mrs. McEntegart. :)

Crysis and Rick are some serious threat around here.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]Kelavarus[/nom]How is he being a hater or an asshole? He's right. There ARE many more things that he could have done in that time that would have been more productive.[/citation]
That is true, and it's also true you could do things a lot more productive then reading this post and writing that comment, but you chose to do that. It was a choice for you to view and post on this site and it was his choice to beat the game, if it's something you want to do and you get it done then it's not wasted time.

b23h

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2009
The people that helped him were strangers to him, recruited by a YouTube video. I congratulate them on their kindness and willingness to help a stranger. I took a lot of effort on the part of everyone involved.

athreex

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
[citation][nom]Camikazi[/nom]That is true, and it's also true you could do things a lot more productive then reading this post and writing that comment, but you chose to do that. It was a choice for you to view and post on this site and it was his choice to beat the game, if it's something you want to do and you get it done then it's not wasted time.[/citation]

haha...Epic pwnd

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]Athreex[/nom]Third or fourth time time for me already ( Still I liked the previous one with the info). Not going to click another video link ever again ( except for the main article...unless Jane steps in the Rick Roll trick wagon). It's a joke Mrs. McEntegart. Crysis and Rick are some serious threat around here.[/citation]

Mrs?? You make me sound about 50. Ms!

It's tempting, believe me! But you know I'd get a lot of people who didn't see the funny side, "You're supposed to be a credible source for news. It's not your place to engage in lame forum-esque tomfoolery. I'm never coming to this site again!"

G

ghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

shin0bi272

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
This reminds me of what Im in the process of doing. A friend of mine is handicapped by missing a hand and hes gotten emphysema due to years of smoking and he is officially disabled and cannot work anymore so he does not have a home pc and is bored out of his mind. So Im building him a PC. i5 750 with an nvidia 9800gt and a 21" monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.