Question Front Speakers Sound Very Muddy Not Clear

Apr 8, 2019
Hello Sir I have HP Elitebook 8570p With Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit , I have problem with front speakers The sound very muddy not clear while headphone Sound is fine clear . I have updated with the latest driver IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver 6.10.6435.0 and also tried the old versions same problem , and only I can access Srs Premium Sound Control Panel and cannot access IDT hd sound control panel . please any help . .

Apr 8, 2019
Hello Sir I have HP Elitebook 8570p With Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit , I have problem with front speakers The sound very muddy not clear while headphone Sound is fine clear . I have updated with the latest driver IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver 6.10.6435.0 and also tried the old versions same problem , and only I can access Srs Premium Sound Control Panel and cannot access IDT hd sound control panel . please any help . .

Have you tried going into "Control Panel" and then "Sound". Highlight the speakers and then click the "Properties" button. Next go to the "Enhancements" tab and make sure none of the options in the list are checked. Well, except for possibly "Loudness Equalization". Anything checked in there will alter the sounds. Once done with that tab, if you make any changes to it, click "Apply".

Next click on the "Advanced" tab and make sure the right format has been chosen for your system. You may also wish to check both boxes in the "Exclusive Mode" section. Again, once you are done, click "Apply" and when finished in this window click "OK".

You should also check to see if this occurs with all sounds, through all programs, or just specific ones.

Should none of this resolve it, then I would look at the type of headphones you are using compared to the speakers that come with the device. The quality of the headphones may well be better than the speakers.

Apr 8, 2019
Thank you very much for your reply sir , i have tried all suggestions you gave me but not resolved the problem and the sound same muddy and high-pitched, faint, and echoes . MY headphones are very cheap brands i have bought .

It is still possible that the speakers themselves are the problem.

Have you tried starting up the laptop in "Safe Mode" and testing sound in there? While it would be limited due, it should give you a better idea if it is indeed the speakers, or something on the computer itself.

Apr 8, 2019
Thanks again sir , i will try in safe mode , my speaker is hp internal speakers not external . the
idt driver control panel has no function to switch between headphones and speakers .