Froyo FRG22D Hitting Verizon's DROID By Sept. 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkv1

Distinguished
May 30, 2009
Looking forward to this. My DROID has been pretty sluggish since I got my 2.2 update...hopefully this fixes it. Also can't wait to actually have flash support.

billj214

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
Since I got my phone my biggest complaint is poor picture quality, I am embarassed to send photos to my Iphone friends! :)

I also have the home page slowdown as well as some other slow app responses which is frustrating, especially after working on a PC with an SSD drive installed.

We are so spoiled.. I remember when DOS on a 386dx was so much faster than on a 286!

Abrahm

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2007
Kevin,

I believe you have some misinformation. FRG01B rolled out to everybody. It was halted initially and delayed a week, but eventually Verizon rolled it out to everyone. Now they are rolling out FRG22D to everyone that has received FRG01B. So all Droids should be at 2.2 at this time, and FRG22D is just a patch for 2.2, not 2.2 itself.

G

I'm rooted, running CyanogenMod 6.0 (BlackGlass) Stable release... love it!! I really like the 2.2 voice commands, but starting to realize that, Flash isn't all its cracked up to be.. runs sluggish.. is this just me?? I'm gonna stay rooted for another week or so (rumor says Sept 4th... we know how this goes!!), then un-root and play around with the OFFICIAL OTA release, just to see...

G

I'm still holding on to my windows mobile devices for dear life (and compatibility), but this android software progression looks very promising. Especially with how fast it has evolved. Oh and one last thing...

HTC all the way!! [flame on]

shoota

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
First off I'm a Droid user. I really hope this release smooths things out because as of right now froyo sucks. Btw if this were a buggy iOS release you guys would be ripping Steve a new one.

mactruck

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
I thought the 2.2 update was a big help for my Droid - the browser loaded pages quicker and the gallery app wasn't so incredibly painful to use. I got the update patch around 12AM today but I haven't had enough free time to see what's changed. My new water-cooled HPTC/Gaming build is taking priority :)

G

I got prompted to do a system update late September 1, early September 2nd and now I can no longer receive my work email from outlook. Before this update, my outlook emails were successfully pushed to my phone. Anyone else with this problem?

eddiebonline

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
I have had problems with my droid so far after the update. kinda ticked. my battery life is more than cut in half. and when i use the app killer, some apps go away...but then come right back to life again. also, how do i get rid of amazon mp3 and vz navigator and...and...and... my droid is always warm now too...to the touch, like it is furiously working (even while "asleep") help! suggestions?

G

Ever since the 2.2 update, my droid has turned into an unreliable piece of crap. For the first 8 months, I've loved this phone but my email used to push reliably. Now, about twice a day it just stops receiving mail from the push account. I'll check outlook on my computer only to find important emails but nothing on the droid. When I hit refresh, it says "security error". I hit refresh again and the droid starts spitting out all of the backlogged emails. Verizon had me at hello with the original software...but if it's undependable then goodbye! Now anxiously awaiting Iphone's move to Verizon...Way to go Android.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS