Frozen homescreen, Aspire 3

May 11, 2018
I have an Aspire 3 from 2017. It was purchased only 3 months ago. I cannot get it to get off of the home screen. The correct date and time are seen . But when I use ANY key, in an attempt to open the password screen, the whole screen freezes up. The password screen never comes up and the date and time on the screen vanishes. It is sitting on my bedroom desk in the "ON" position because I have also been unable to shut it off to try to reboot it. The numbers on the base are AMD (A4) and A315-21-4098. Besides the "on" light, (blue) a red light is flashing, making me think that it is "asleep". I lift up the top and the screen lights up. How do I fix this glitch?

Solution
Hold in the power button to turn it off. Turn it back on and try to logon. If it still does not work and system is in warranty, contact Acer support. You may need to do a factory reset but it could be a failing hard drive or motherboard, maybe bad RAM.

If you do a factory reset you will need to copy your files back from a backup. Hopefully you made backups.
Hold in the power button to turn it off. Turn it back on and try to logon. If it still does not work and system is in warranty, contact Acer support. You may need to do a factory reset but it could be a failing hard drive or motherboard, maybe bad RAM.

If you do a factory reset you will need to copy your files back from a backup. Hopefully you made backups.

Solution
May 11, 2018