Fuel Cell USB Charger Can Keep Your Phone On for 2 Weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

XmortisX

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2011
Sounds good, hopefully it won't cost too munch. This can be useful for long trips or for those like me who forget to charge their phones. I agree smartphones have gotten better battery life but I still think after 6 hours seeing the "batt low" warning kind of annoys me. If this works out good then fuel cell can diffidently be used in other products possibly help the environment and lower con ed bills.

G

Hmmm my phone already works 1-2 weeks depending if i phone much, or endlessly.

john_4

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
Why not just make these slim cell phones a little thicker and use a user replaceable fuel cell in them instead of the batteries they use now?

billotla

Honorable
May 10, 2012
It never rains but it pours.
hh.gif

fishyfish

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2009
Two days? This is how much my smartphone lasts for, older mobiles had no problems with working for a week on single charge.. Seriously.

G

@john_4

Many airlines aren't too happy about flying with fuel cells right now; you might not be able to take your phone on the plane, unless you discard the cell.

Goldengoose

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
14 charges.... i'd love it if that little thing could charge my phone 14 times off one wall charge but am i the only one who feels a little skeptical about that?

youssef 2010

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2009
[citation][nom]techseven[/nom]Nice! (I hope lol) I need it for my Galaxy SII power-sucker...[/citation]

Then you'll understand my feelings about the Galaxy Note's battery

teddymines

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
How about human power, like a small device that fits in your shoe and gains charge as you walk? Or even a small handheld generator you squeeze? Also, people can get far better time out of there batteries if they turn off GPS, bluetooth, and WiFi until actually needed. Also, dim your screen.

elcentral

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
im not sure why so many guys say its so much better power in your old phones try once doing the stuff you did on a 7 year old phone some texting some phone calls turn of 3g and wifi lower the screen light, my nokia N8 last me for 4-5 days easy if i use it like a phone and not like a computer !

targetdrone

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
[citation][nom]john_4[/nom]Why not just make these slim cell phones a little thicker and use a user replaceable fuel cell in them instead of the batteries they use now?[/citation]

That wouldn't work for Apple.

G

I don't know how all of you people with your smart phones can't even get 2 days usage. If I have not been busy, I can easily get 4 days with regular use (GSII). I didn't use my phone on purpose once to see how long it would last, and yes I reached 7 days (almost flat mind you).
Turn off sync, wifi, bluetooth, GPS etc when you don't use those features and you will make your phone last a lot longer.
As for you iPhone people - suck it

hanyu1966

Honorable
May 7, 2012
can hardly last longer than six or seven hours and tends to die when I actually need it, such as when I need to navigate my way out of Skid Row
cpu.gif

bluekoala

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2008
Typically a fuel cell will intake a hydrocarbon fuel and output water. In the article they mention that you plug the fuel cell into a wall outlet to recharge it so my guess is that when you plug it into the wall it goes through a reverse synthesis and the exhaust is then turned back into fuel.

Status
Not open for further replies.