FuelBand is Nike's Answer to the Jawbone UP

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowpeak

Distinguished
May 11, 2011
I have never liked Nike. No I am not altruistic or anything, but I do consider it a side benefit that I dont support one of the worst offenders of child labor and slave wage promoters. Yes I know allot of corps. do those things, but Nike goes the extra mile in being scummy and telling foreign manufacturers that they should treat their workers like animals.

ANYWAYS.... I just have never like Nike's brand, their ads or these dumb side products they come out with. And the names of these things like "Nike+ Fuel", talk about clunky. Just call it the "Fuel Band". And this custom metric "Nike Fuel", everything has to have the word Nike in it, its so lame and stupid. Not to mention this "custom metric". What does it do? Measure how efficiently your drinking cross-branded "Nike Gatorade Fuel".

All Nike is, is a brand name and an advertising company. Their shoes could be made of paper and people would still buy them.

jaksun5

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
iOS only. When are people going to start stepping up to the reality that we need an open, transportable application platform that will allow apps to not have to be recoded for different hardware? Oh hang on, that's Enyo isn't it?

jaksun5

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
iOS only. When are people going to start stepping up to the reality that we need an open, transportable application platform that will allow apps to not have to be recoded for different hardware? Oh hang on, that's Enyo isn't it?

G

How does this thing charge?
Or is it low-powered enough to last a week without charging?
If it has to be charged every day it would be a no go for me.

Also agree that the Nike over-branding is painful.

sixdegree

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2011
It would be nice if Nike let their costumer accumulate those "NikeFuel" into some form of redeemable points. That will urge everyone to get up their chair and start running 3 miles everyday.

G

The Nike band, while it is certainly more attractive than the Jawbone UP, lacks some features. Basically it is a pretty pedometer. The Jawbone UP can track your sleeping and also gives you a nudge when it's time to move because you have been sitting too long. It also has a great feature where it will vibrate as an alarm to wake you up. They have been recalled because some of them had a problems but they are working on a resolution. I haven't any problems with mine.

I have a great interest in the Fuel Band but if you want to wipe out your competition, make it do it all.

__-_-_-__

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009
crap stuff. there's already bluetooth heart rate monitor that works with ios, android, symbian and java that also works as gps etc.

DaddyW123

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
connects with iPhone... I hate it when a company brings a product to market and only creates the iPhone app to go along with it as if that's what everyone has. Didn't Android OS outsell iOS last year? I know programming is a bit more of a challenge because of the fragmentation, but still, it's not like the iPhone is the only thing out there. And before any of you Apple fans hate on me, I'm not suggesting that Android apps come out before Apple - just that companies out there should do a better job at providing for all potential customers. I almost feel like it's borderline discrimination.

AndrewMD

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
To the people that are complaining about Nike and Apple, here is a lesson.

Nike most likely cannot trademark the name FuelBand by itself. The main reason being that Fuel and Band are common words.

As for the Apple part, there is too much fragmentation on the Android side, they do not want to spend more time supporting a non-standard device.

public32

Honorable
Feb 20, 2012
iPod nano does virtually the same thing, why pay $149 when you can by a nano for $119, doesn't make sense, i guess its for name brand suckers.

G

This is looking beautiful i want to buy it as soon as possible.
http://www.currency.com.pk/

Status
Not open for further replies.