Full Specs for Powerful Google Nexus Prime Revealed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

The pop ads are the most irritating distraction to ever appear on a web page.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
Huh. The question stands: what'll be better, this or SGS 2? Specs look gread, but I wanna hear more about features and connectivity.

Also, any pictures of the beast? Will it have any special design or just a generic touch-smartphone look?

Soma42

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
[citation][nom]amk-aka-phantom[/nom]Huh. The question stands: what'll be better, this or SGS 2? Specs look gread, but I wanna hear more about features and connectivity.Also, any pictures of the beast? Will it have any special design or just a generic touch-smartphone look?[/citation]

My money is on the Nexus Prime to be the hands down winner, but that's just all from rumors and speculation.

Possible rendering below makes it look sexy:
http://9to5google.com/2011/09/13/jaw-dropping-rendering-of-nexus-prime-running-ice-cream-sandwich/

I thought the 4.65" screen sounded ridiculous, but the bottom of the screen replaces the capacitive buttons so it still fits in your hand.

My plan is due to be renewed in November and if all goes well I will be getting one of these!

nitrium

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
If it has the PowerVR GPU this beast will run rings around the new iPhone 4S. Th iPhone 4S likely won't be clocked higher than 850MHz (based on it having the same battery and battery life as iPhone4, but with iPad 2's SoC).

jojesa

Distinguished
I just hope is better than the cheap plastic, two hours talking-time, I have no signal strength Samsung Nexus.
All this powerful hardware and you cannot even make a phone call.

jwcalla

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011
[citation][nom]jojesa[/nom]All this powerful hardware and you cannot even make a phone call.[/citation]

If you can't make a phone call with a phone, you're doing something wrong.

G

I have a 5" dell streak. While I love the phone, I have come to really hate dell. I really feel there is a market for those wanting a 4.5" to 5" phone. Those who want the phone/mini-tab but don't spend a whole lot of time yakin on a phone. In my case, it worked out great. I can talk on it if I have to and its there but I mostly use the tablet side of things. Lets see where this device goes.

jn77

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
I am looking for a reason to upgrade from my EVO and unless an EVO II or EVO 5G comes out, then this might be the phone

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]jwcalla[/nom]If you can't make a phone call with a phone, you're doing something wrong.[/citation]

the speaker and mic in those phones is so pathetic that makeing calls is borderline pointless.

when i cant understand what someone is saying or be able to guess who it is by their voice alone....

but this is why i despise phones at all.

id pay real money for a great speaker and mic.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
it looks like its going to be an awesome phone, but im not very interested in it. I just feel 4.65 inch phone is too big for a phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.